CWOP not updating to aprs.fi

I tend to use aprs.fi to check my updates and discovered that my G4MHJ-1 Wx no longer beacons.

I have two queries.

1. I understand from previous messages that I should offset my 15 minute updates by the last number in the CWOP number. I use my callsign so what should I set the offset to. I have tried changing the default offset of “0” to “1” but it fails to hold the change and reverts to “0”.

2. I noticed that my APRS validation number was wrong and was one number higher than it should be. i.e ends in 4 but was set at 5. I also use Ham Tracker from my iPod Touch with -10 suffix and the APRS validation is set to 4 and this works. How the WD CWOP became 5 I have no idea as I haven’t made a change for ages. Could it be that the CWOP people have spotted an error and have removed me? Does anybody know who I should check this with?

Any help would be appreciated.

Isn’t it always the case. The beacons are now being posted again without me doing anything ??

I therefore just have the query about the offset to resolve.

the offset is used when you set the time
e.g if you have that set as 1
then when you click on every 10 minutes, the times then listed are increased by 1 minute
it does not matter that the offset selector is back to 0 next time you go back to the setup

Thanks Brian

All OK now. I wasn’t applying the 1 minute offset BEFORE I set the 15 minute updates.

Cheers

Just one other question for Brian

What do the three dots slightly to the left and under the Validation Code box signify?

Just curious.

was just a place holder for debug info when testing
I will remove

I thought that I had solved this one but I am still in trouble.

I use CWOP with my G4MHJ-1 callsign and aprs.fi is getting five minute posts but the wx data is old and not changing. My posts to WOW are working fine.

Any clues about this would be most welcome.

I am using the latest WD version 43.

not sure
does WD show its sending the data in the log?
my CWOP updates are working OK
maybe its a CWOP server issue (they have had problems with the resources at times)
you can tick to send direct, in the server setup in the CWOP setup…try that
(does not use Ftpupd.exe)

I have tried the direct and indirect option but this made no difference.
I looked on the ftpupd log but couldn’t see anything - maybe I am not looking in the correct place :frowning:

I have looked at the file output on aprs.fi and old data of 51F etc is arriving with a current time

Here is an extract of a friend followed by my own.

2012-11-20 11:45:20 UTC: G3ZCV-10>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CWOP-3:@201145z5240.69N/00019.08W_193/010g020t055r000p006P006b10026h90.WD 60
2012-11-20 16:45:13 UTC: G4MHJ-1>APRS,TCPIP*,qAC,CWOP-2:@080658z5128.57N/00008.93E_104/001g000t051r000p000P000b10147h91L032.WD 31

I tried switching off Underground and WOW but this made no difference.

Perhaps something is corrupt here? Maybe there is something I can delete here or start again :frowning:

Cheers

I haven’t asked CWOP people yet.

There has been some discussion on the list about aprs vs. ftp servers. I don’t use my radio to send data so I am not all that familiar with the setup, but I think they made a change to separate the aprs submitters from the ftp submitters on the servers. The number of folks who submit via ftp to CWOP is magnitudes greater than those who submit via aprs, so to put more resources towards the ftp folks they now limit aprs to one server.

That’s my take on the situation. I could be wrong, like I say I am not familiar with the aprs side of things. Best bet is check the CWOP site for any changes they may have made that could be affecting your data.

According to Russ:

Here are the last packet we received from you in each of the past 10 days,

http://www.wxqa.com/cgi-bin/search1.cgi?keyword=G4MHJ-1

Looks like your clock is not set correctly and it looks like all the
packets are the same. You have some kind of lock-up of your local software.

====

The PC clock appears to be set correctly.

Any ideas Brian?

Thanks in advance

I needed to re-install my Vista PC and started with a clean Weather Display 10.37R B43.

My CWOP now works perfectly again.

I’ll never know what caused my issues.

Vista…? !!

Probably the cause.
I need to check if W7 would work on WD and my other programs.
If it all goes wrong again that will be my plan.
I would need to ask the easy method of keeping all my WD settings and data.

there is a FAQ on how to transfer WD to a new pc