you can certainly tell when a cold front goes through.....

…combined with low pressure, just by looking at the WD graphs :lol:

as you can see by the screen grab below, before 7am - generally windy with lots of rain, pressure slowly dropping and temperatures hovering around 15C all night. Then at 7.10 am - WHAMMO! temperature drops like a stone - the wind whips up and pressure suddenly starts to go up - complete with rain burst.

Isn’t weather fascinating? :smiley:

Same here, but around two hours earlier, so it was obviously moving south at around 60mph!

Another cold front passing through today.

Another cold front passing through today.
This is really unconnected (well, a little I was looking at your current temps). How much snow do you normally get per year?

Snow? What’s that :?

We do get a little, but it’s only been bad enough once in the last 20 years to stop me from getting to work. My two boys (age 8 and 6) have never really had any experience of it. It’s due to the Gulf Stream. It warms the coast (about a mile away) and that stops most snow. They get a more about 30 miles to the east (in the hills).

Hopefully, Global Warming won’t mess you up in the future… All that extra fresh water might stop that nice little warming current you have and snow will become a more common thing.

Been read and seeing a lot on the “Conveyor” lately…

One of many articles on it…
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/record/23/11/13.html