CQ CQ CQ - Who's out there?

KD0NPT Colorado
Bill

Astro/Weather website:

www.kd0npt-astro.net

Hi - G6FCI and to everyone else Im located in the UK, Merseyside and it appears Im not too far from G6FCI (will you be at the Norbreck on the 10th April.)

A long time ago at a different QTH I was G0GDB on Cw but my interest died away with the 807 plus I was only drawn to top band & 80 at present Ive no Txs

I now monitor APTs using a turnstile and the R2ZX using wxtoimg and being a member of the GEO Ive had printed several of my images.

Ive always had an interest in wx and 12 months ago I obtained a Davis Vantage Vue but no website and when the novelty of my recent retirement comes to and end I make take it more serious.

73s

Hello fellow hams,

Here is CT1ETE, Paulo.
I live in Guimar

KG5FQT in Paulina, La. Station ID for Wunderground is KLAPAULI1 . Licensed as Extra. I was running CW5600 for CWOP, but currently having issues getting my data to it. I run a APRS station that my Davis Vantage Pro2 uploads to. On the APRS map I can see my weather info. But when I go to my CWOP page, I dont see it. Wundeground in getting the info.

Hi guys, I’m not licensed but I have just got back into CB’s after about 30+ years, the skip is very good at the moment, & I have been talking to people all over the place, Corsica, Sweden, Inland, North/south, Germany, Lyon, Spain, etc. all on the normal 40 channels (no side band) my call sign is FB6611.

73s
teal.

Hello from K7FU on the North Oregon Coast. Love WX Display and have an Ultimeter 2100 station here. 73
Very Active on CW all bands, but mostly 40 cw.

Hello everyone from Leitchfield, KY, calls callsign is KG4OOZ. Been a ham so several years but just now getting back into it. Hope to put in a APRS radio for my weather station.

Ed KA9EES
Fithian IL USA

Active on 2m, 70cm (Dstar), 80-10m.

73!

The user name says it all! APRS WX from home and near my favorite sailing spot. This software is brilliant and flexible for these purposes. Nice work!

N8QVQ QNI QRU K

http://n8qvq.info

I have written an article for a ham magazine and am doing some fine tuning on it. The article is showing amateur radio and weather as a dual type hobby.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have used their weather station to help amateur radio and how and if your weather station hobby is integrated with your ham hobby.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Gary

VE3NYF

Hi, I display this at the bottom of my webpage, & it can be got from here. I’m not an amateur just a keen CB’er.

teal.
26FB6611

I have our ARES/RACES banner at the bottom of my site and we used my weather from the EOC last time we were activated do to a weather System.

Hello to the Group. My name is Don and I am located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, near the City of Harrisonburg.
My Amateur Radio Call Sign is WX4C. The phonetics I use are WX4CAST. It seems Amateur Radio and Weather observation
go well togeather.

73 to all. Yukon Don WX4C

I’m Chris, G3SQU. Moderately active on HF CW in Newcastle upon Tyne. Currently trying to get all my PC applications working under Linux (Ubuntu 16.0LTS right now) and the weather station is pretty well the last one. Maybe Raspberry Pi is the best route, but I’ve yet to decide about which way to go with microcomputers/controllers!

Greetings…

KO4JY here, I have also operated as PJ6/KO4JY and still hold the call ZF1KM from the time I lived in Cayman. Located in Southeast Virginia, USA.

I’m active on VHF/UHF/HF 80-6m and random others when experimenting.

73 de KO4JY

Well, how have I missed this little group for so long?

I’m John, VK2BZB. My original call was VK2VPG, a novice licence, in the late '70s (1979, I think). I upgraded to a full-call (unlimited) licence a couple of years later. In the intervening years I have held VK2FG, VK2IUI and then back to my original unlimited call-sign I now use.

In the early years I worked HF frequencies, the majority of that on ICW. Later, when I could afford it, I bought rigs for 2-metres and 70 Cm and spent most of my time on those bands. On 2-metres, apart from local chit-chat on repeaters, I concentrated on 2 M SSB. My rig at that time was a Kenwood TS711A (30W PEP on SSB) with a homebrewed amplifier to lift the signal to 100W) and a pre-amp, also homebrewed, with about 30db of gain and an S/N ratio of less than 1.5db. The aerial system was a pair of horizontally polarised 13-element yagis stacked vertically at about 1.5 wavelengths mounted at about 15 metres above ground level and excited via a hybrid 600 ohm/52 ohm feedline. With that setup I held briefly (for <5-minutes) the record for the longest distance Australian contact on that band. At least I can claim the first recorded contact on 2-metres which was from VK2 to VK6. Oh, such fame! :roll:

Since those halcyon days the pressure of work and periods of impecunity led to me not renewing my call - hence the later ones. Now, I’m virtually inactive on all bands although I still have the Kenwood 711A and a Kenwood 820 along with my 70 Cm rig, an Icom (something or other) which is capable of 75W output. My aerials? I’m too embarrassed to say. :frowning:

de VK2BZB SK

Carl here. Been VO2KDS since moving to Labrador, Canada in 1997. Started off as VE2KDS in New Brunswick after getting more interested in radio shortly free marrying into a family with a long history in Ham radio. Was stictly VHF until my father-in-law passed on his Kenwood TS-430. Worked a good number of stations in the last year or so, softly Europe and some in South America. He then gave me his Yaesu 757GX this summer and I

Hi, passed my UK foundation licence this week, my call sign is M6PKH .

teal

Username gives it away… Phil G7BZD, ex-south Birmingham, UK, Shirley. Now 11+ years located on the Isle of Wight.
Not far from The Needles, which when its blowing seem to get some good wind speeds recorded.
Have a slightly defunct WM-918 slowly failing, but now being replaced by a WMR-300, with 2 sets of sensors.

Not so active this year, re-discovered soldering kits and going walking with my cameras.
Hope to get the shack warmed up soon. FT1000mp mk5 and a couple of other bits of kit.

Phil - G7BZD