Unreported minutes of sunshine [sunshinehoursinlast10 / sunshinehoursinlast60]

Dear all,

I noticed suprised by doing a routine quality check, that there are minutes of sunshine not reported by WD.
That issue appears at any daytime.

Customtags used: “sunshinehoursinlast10” and “sunshinehoursinlast60”
Threshold set for “sunny”: 66 %

As you can see an the attachements, WD is not always counting sunshine minutes, although the set value for sunny is reached or exceeded. That analysis is based on “Revised Weather Display Expected Solar value calculator” by broadstairs.

BTW: If there is a value of 100 %, correctly all minutes are counted as “minutes with sunshine”.

Is it a calculation bug or only a simple settings issue?

Thanks for comments and support.

sunshine analysis.xls (34 KB)

up - any news on that issue?

Are there any news on this issue, yet???

regards

up

a short information up that issue would be fine!

Thanks and have nice Easter!

the problem is likely that you are not comparing with the calculation that WD uses
you say you are using a revised calculation
do you have those?

Hi Brian,

yes, it’s the calculation provided by broadstairs on his homepage.
http://www.stella-maris.org.uk/maxsolar1.phtml

Broadstairs provided the base calculation for WD so far as I can remember me.

But do you really mean its a calculation issue though big jumps of the % values from one to next minute, which is not counted as sunhine?

up - any news?

does anyone know what the revised calculations are used at

http://www.stella-maris.org.uk/maxsolar1.phtml

?

Brian I have emailed you about this…

Stuart

Ok, next update of WD will have in use the new calculations
thanks

Brian that means I’ll have no excuse not to update from my old version to the latest WD :wink: :wink:

Stuart

build 8 .zip update ready to use

Brian that means I'll have no excuse not to update from my old version to the latest WD
what windows version? what version of WD were you using before? if it was relatively old then download the latest full install first then the .zip update

ps I emailed you a bug I found in your script

I am still on 37R build 81 on Windows 7 which I have had no issues with so because of other stuff going on here I just had not got round to updating :oops: I will try to make time to get the new one running now :wink:

Yes I replied to your email. Thanks for the bug report, it’s good to have a second pair of eyes looking at stuff. I suspect it would only have made quite minor differences unless the user was at a considerable height.

Stuart

I have updated to 37S build 8 this morning and all went perfectly. I have been taking a look at the solar values now with Brians new formula. I suggest that people using solar for sunshine hours review their threshold settings as this new calculation will lower the expected max w/m