After restart wd does not read all data from weather station

Hi
I’m running windows 10 (this problem was also when a ran windows 8.1), WD 10.377.R287
Oregon Scientific wmr200.
The problem occurs when WD has been down for some hours. When i start WD, the WMR 200 datareader starts and reads data from the weather station. It will process som records (difficult to say how many) and then the wmr200 data reader disappears. WD starts, but will not read anything (so all readings in the main windows is empty). Then i have to restart WD until all data is read, depending on how WD have been down, i have to repeat this task quite a few times. I have had this problem for some month’s now , so i’m not sure where to start.
Kind Regars - Reidar

so its the live data does not start up after the history data?
what shows in the separate wmr200 data reader program?

I will try to take a snapshot of it today,

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Did a shutdown of the computer, waited about 1,5 hour and started again at 17:55
Startup:

Then it stops right after this

Startup WD again, and stops

And finaly last startup of WD. and now everythings is ok

/riedar

Hi
I will do some testing here to see if I can duplicate the problem

Hi
use the latest .zip update, where WD will restart when the data flow stops
(this is what build 81 did too)
(i tried different ways to unload/close and then re open the connection but none worked)

Unziped the files and now WD stop and starts again, in a loop.
http://w.dick-henriksen.no/wdbug/Capture.PNG

once current data is found
what you can do is click on the stop button once no more D2 data arrives initially

what I will do is check that if no more D2 data initially it will not then restart

Clicked Stop, and then the main display is getting data.
/reidar

Hi Brian , have you hade time to look more into the issue

Hi Brian,

I had the same/similar issues. I noticed the WMR200.exe displayed “Resetting Registry”, and a running counter above that. When “Resetting registry” showed, nothing seemed to happen, except the counter counting up and starting over, so i had to restart, sometimes more times in a row. After restarting WD started, but did not read from PWS. Often (not always) before crashing WD “flatlined”, with PWS running fine.
system;
Asus Transformer book T100TAF, win 10, installed WD “fresh”, copied files from old computer.
Weather station OS WMR200
WD v 10.377R287

Gerhard Witteveen
www.weeropdeveluwe.nl

note that this thread is about the wmr200 data logger
(and where the solution is to click on the stop button)
since you have a WMII station, it would probably be better to create a different thread, so as to not confuse things, I would have thought

one thing though there is debug info under view, debug info
what shows there?
also you dont say which version of WD you were using before?

Hi Brian,

I guess this is the answer to my question, right?
If so;

• Is there a workaround for automatic restarting?
  • Is the issue connected to the “flatlines” that occur quite often?

Thanks!
Gerhard Witteveen
www.weeropdeveluwe.nl

Hi Brian, have you had time to look into this problem. To use manual intervention is not an option. I have to reboot that pc every day.

Hi
I have done some work on this (there was another thread about this)
it should be much better with the latest version of WD