Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Hi Brian,

Tried Build 233. No change in performance vis-a-vis the Meteobridge.

Aloha,

Mark

re meteobridge
what currently shows under view
debug info?

Hi Brian,

Attached are the COM/IP Port and Debug info logs showing entry of the TCP/IP VP/Meteohub Connection and what appears after clicking OK without restarting Weather Display and then what they look like after restarting Weather Display. After restart, the TCP/IP VP/Meteohub Connection entries revert to what was there upon initial opening of the program.

Aloha,

Mark

COM:IP Port no restart.tiff.pdf (52.7 KB)

Debug info no restart.tiff.pdf (126 KB)

COM:IP Port after restart.tiff.pdf (50.6 KB)

Debug info after restart.tiff.pdf (114 KB)

Finally starting to get some wind activity. It appears as though it is working ok. The average wind speed is still the same as current wind speed. However that could be because I’m only getting gusts then it is still again.

Update: The wind is reporting ok. In current conditions the current speed is always the same as average speed but when you check the graphs they are different and correct

2nd Update: On a hunch I changed the USB port that the WMR200 console was in and at moment everything is ok. Data hasn’t stopped flowing

@mswatanabe
we are making incremental progress

is the user/pass not remembered on restart?

also though try ticking use with meteohub as well as use with meteobridge

is there a file called meteohub.txt…in the webfiles folder…if so, what is in that

Hi Brian,

User/Pass is not remembered on restart.

Checking Use With Meteohub seems to prevent any connection from forming and 10.0.1.2 is not recognized. Response to clicking buttons, check boxes and menu items slows considerably. Unchecking the box results in what we’ve seen previously. See attachments.

There is no file called meteohub.txt. There are two similar files, meteohubdata.txt and meteohubdatamissed.txt. Neither contains anything, zero bytes.

Aloha,

Mark

Debug info meteohub checked.tiff.pdf (28.4 KB)

Debug info unchecked meteohub.tiff.pdf (97 KB)

@mswatanabe
try a new upate
but aslo put the port number after the IP address (with a : to separate the port IP and port number) in the setup in WD

and see if anything shows up in the meteohubdata.txt file

Hi Brian,

More than one download of WD Build 233 crashes when trying to open. Odd, because the first time I downloaded the other day, WD opened.

Aloha,

Mark

not sure what you mean by more than one download?

Hi Brian,

I downloaded the .dmg file a few times and each time trashed the previous one before opening it, the disk image and the application itself to see if something was corrupted in the whole process. Each time, clicking on the application icon started the loading of WD, but before fully opening, the application shut down.

Aloha,

Mark

try running it from a terminal window
( see posts above about how to do that)
to see what error is there is

Hi Brian,

I can’t find the posts you mention and am not confident enough to try on my own.

Aloha,

Mark

try this
open a terminal window
type in (followed by the return key)
cd …
then
cd /Applications/
then
cd /weatherdisplay.app/
then
cd Contents

then
cd MacOS

(hitting return after each time)
should be no errors

then lastly
./weatherdisplay

ps, I have tested here the saving of the username and password in the meteobridge setup and that is working
(are you clicking on the OK button top right hand corner?)

Hi Brian,

Everything goes smoothly until I enter cd /weatherdisplay.app/ and return. Terminal returns No such file or directory and the same with the subsequent entries.

Aloha,

Mark

Yes, did click OK button.

Everyone,

Thanks for helping me to get the mac version working. I have now got the FTP upload working. I basically didn’t realise that the default location for all the files had changed to /Users/…

I am now starting to get the Mac settings looking like my windows settings and have come across a few things, not sure if bugs or just me!

1. I don’t seem to have any labels on dirplot.gif and dirplot2.gif (radial wind graphs)
  2. I seem to be missing some of the labels on the main current graphs such as curr6hourgraph.gif, curr24hourgraph.gif. I seem to be missing date/time on the x axis and labels showing what tich line is temperature, humidity etc
  3. In "customise internet file and creation file 25 (wxlocal4.html) seem to point to wxlocal3.html when you set the creation and upload times. I also don’t seem to be ale to get the radial buttons to turn green
  4. In graph setup (under control panel) I am not able to set the colour of the graph background or solar block - nothing happens when I click “colour from” and “colour to”

I also can’t seem to be able to change the background colour on the main screen area around the graphs. At the moment it is black and I would like to make it white.

Brian: thanks so much for helping me, you may have saved me buying a new PC!

Paul

@mswatanabe
you do have the weatherdisplay application in the Applications folder, yes?
try just
cd weatherdisplay.app

Hi Brian,

Just downloaded the latest version 233 and I still have all the same problems with colours and labels on driblet.gif.

Managed to sort the labels on the curr24hourgraph.gif etc - was down to me have the labels in black and graph background in black!!!

Paul

I will look into the dirplot problem as time permits