SteelSeries Announcements

Version 2.0.1 is now available, it fixes the syntax error in gauges.js that affected WD users, no other changes.

Version 2.0.2 is available

Fixes issues with wind speed when your native units are km/h, also adds a decimal to the kPa barometer scale numbers.

Version 2.0.3 is now available, there are quite a few changes in this release, please see the first post in this thread.

Version 2.0.4 is now available, please see the first post in this thread.

Version 2.1.0 is now available.

There are quite a few changes in this release, please see the version control list.

Major headlines…

[ul][li]Wind RoseGuage is now enabled by default[/li]
[li]A wind run odometer has been added to the wind rose[/li]
[li]A new ‘basic’ template html page has been added[/li]
[li]Support for VWS users added (thanks to Ken True of saratoga-weather.org)[/li][/ul]

I intend to leave this package alone for a while now - except for bug fixes, translation updates etc.

Version 2.1.1 is now available.

Mainly some minor bug fixes and translation updates in this one.

The one change to watch out for is the renaming of the combined Steelseries & Tween script file. My original name choice was causing much confusion so I have bitten the bullet and changed the file name - now I await all the “version 2.1.1 doesn’t work messages” :roll:

Version 2.2.0 is now available.

The headline changes are:

[ul][li]The gauge sizes are now picked up from the HTML/CSS, this makes it easy for custom layouts to be created using mixed gauge sizes.[/li]
[li]The wind rose has changed from using a radar plot to a rose plot. Note the version of RGraph.rose.js included has been customised by me, the author is going to make changes to support this natively in a future release of RGraph.[/li]
[li]Ken’s Saratoga templates are now supported, the zip contains his gauges-ss-basic-inc.php file - note this has been changed from the file posted by Ken and used with v2.1.1 of the gauges.[/li]
[li]Added support for WeatherCat[/li][/ul]

The image below shows the old and new style wind rose, I use 8 points with my Fine Offset but the code should work with 16 or any number!

WindRose-Old-New.png

Version 2.2.1 is now available.

This is a fix for the automatic rescaling of the gauges on mobile devices which broke in 2.2.0, and a typo fix for “Longitude” in gauges-ssT.htm (intended for use by Cumulus users)

Version 2.2.2 is available. The main fix is for WeatherCat users, so Weather Display users can probably ignore this release. There is a slight tweak to the gauges-ss.css to pretty the units table slightly, and the Nederlands translation has been updated that’s it.

I have also updated the FAQ with information on tweaking the wind rose appearance.

Version 2.2.3 is available. It is primarily a bug fix for WeatherCat users using Knots for the wind speed units, so not much of interest for WD users.

It does update the SteelSeries library to v0.14.0 though, which introduces the user LED, so it you want to ‘play’ with that you may want to take a look.

Version 2.3.0 is available, the key change is the addition of support for Meteobridge, but the only change relevant for WD users is the updated windrose.js script which removes the blurring that sometimes occurs on the wind rose plot in previous releases.

Version 2.3.1 is available. A number of fixes in this release so I suggest everyone takes a look at it. At a minimum please update your copy of the steelseries library script files, the previous versions cause a script crash in Firefox v21+ if you use the following gauge frame types:

• Black Metal
  • Shiny Metal
  • Chrome

Version 2.3.2 is posted, not really relevant for WD users as it is a bug fix from 2.3.1 for WeatherCat users. It does however contain an additional Portuguese translation courtesy of Cumulus user ‘Werk_AG’

Version 2.4.0 is available. A bug fix for VWS users, and a new look UV gauge for everyone.
The updated files are gauges.js and customeclientrawlocal.txt.

Version 2.4.1 is available, fixes a bug in the rain rate gauge autoscaling when using Inches and the value is between 0.5" and 1.0"

Version 2.4.2 is available, fixes a bug in the rain gauge autoscaling when using Inches and the value is between 0.5" and 1.0" - I stupidly missed this change out from 2.4.1

Version 2.4.3 is available, it fixes a missing units conversion for the maximum hourly rainfall today, a minor tweak to the UV level thresholds, and a change to the UV warning wording (English only).

Opps! I not been very good at keeping this thread updated! :oops:

Version 2.6.0 is now available. See the first post in this thread for the recent changes.

And again! Version 2.6.5 is available, it is only relevant for WD users if you already running 2.6.4

Sorry, I haven’t been keeping this topic up to date :frowning:
The latest release is 2.7.3 on 1st November 2018. There is nothing in this release for WD users if you are already on 2.7.2