click on datalogger icon siezes WD

I have recently moved my WD onto a dedicated computer, a W7 Starter netbook.

Mostly running OK but when I click on Datalogger under Control Panel WD siezes with the Control Panel sreeen open. Everything else in Control Panel works OK. I have installed latest USB driver, and the WD incuding Datalogger icon works if I move back to my original computer so it must be somewhere on my settings on this new computer. I have checked both Wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg and cannot find anything obvious. Is it possible to pinpoint where the problem might be?

Which version of WD are you using?
Where is WD installed on the PC, is it in the Programs folder or in C:/wdisplay?
Is WD set to run as Administrator and which version of W7, 32 or 64 bit?

Running W7 32bit
with WD 10.37R build 11 updated today to see if it solved the problem and it didn’t.
WD is in the root directory C:\wdisplay

Forgot to add WD is running under administrator.

I have the same setup as you, although I’m using build 10, and don’t get any issues with the datalogger window.
Are you running Virtual VP or anything else that may be trying to connect to the datalogger?
Apart from that I’m out of ideas so you may have to wait for Brian to get up.

Thanks Budgie,

I am not using virtual VP and cannot think of anything else running that would be trying to connect to the datalogger. The idea is to leave this netbook running WD 24/7 on less power than my main computer. It also has it’s own batteries on top of the ups which keeps both this and the broadband running during power cuts.

I have now spent many more hours on this problem. I have found that if I do a complete new download into a new directory then the problem is not present. If I try to uninstall wd that is giving the problem then I am told that I can only uninstall on a 64 bit computer ( I copied all files from a 64 bit to a 32 bit computer) so I deleted wdisplay.exe file and reinstalled but still the same problem. I have checked through wdisplay.ini and the registry file but cannot find anything that might impinge on the control panel/data logger function. So I am still at a loss as to why trying to open control panel/data logger should freeze WD #-o

the problem will be with the size/position of that window
you will need to reset that
[Extract the vp data at startup]
last setup width=
last setup height=
last setup top=
last setup left=

in the wdisplay.ini file

(let me know what those settings are)

also though the data logger window will only open if your station type you have selected in WD supports history data
what weather station type do you have set?
also with W7 make sure to set WeatherD.exe to run as administrator

Sorry not to respond after you posted but I have had to use ‘work-round’ as I have not had chance to continue this investigation to get it working. The info you asked for is

width 630
Height 550
top 236
left 1220

I am using a a Davis VP2 with USB link.
WeatherD.exe is set as ‘Administrator’

I have now got so fed up of this USB link, together with my netbook, causing crashes that I have bought a Serial link datalogger and a refurbished laptop with a serial port. I obviously want to transfer everything onto the new laptop but don’t want to transfer this problem. Perhaps the best solution is a complete new download and then copy my data files across rather than do a full folder and register transfer. Is this possible? I am sure it is probably on the forum somewhere!

there is a FAQ on how to transfer WD to a new pc
first though delete this section note above from the wdisplay.ini file

Thanks. All transferred and the datalogger in Control Panel is now working fine. Just got to replace the Davis usb datalogger with the serial and hopefully reliability will improve. Then I look to changing to the new WD!