Gas sensors to 1-wire

TSG 2602 arrived yesterday (bought at rs-online.com).
Works very well. Detects cigarette smoke, some fumes, VOCs etc… :hello1:
I modified the scheme for maximal sensitivity. See attachment.
The output voltage depends on the quality of air and is between approx 0,4 - 4,7V.

Now we need support for Air Quality sensor in WD.
If possible:

• field for AQ ROM at 1-Wire reader in “Main setup” tab
  • Checkbox for AQ sensor temperature compensation - on these measured values will be applied temperature compensation for TSG2602: Vout = Vin*(-0,028*T+1,6) where: “Vin” is meausred voltage and “T” is Temperature in Celsius deg. Or this checkbox may be replaced with field where will be added equation for specific sensor.
  • Output can be Air Quality index (check box in 1-wire reader):
    • configuration at 1-Wire reader in “Other settings” tab where will be fields for minimal and maximal voltage.
    • Air Quality Index = (Vmax-Vmin)/500*(Vmax-Vact) where “Vact” is actual measured value.
  • New column “1_wire_Air_Quality” for WDMySQL
  • WD Graphs for AQ
  • WD Main window may include AQI number and status word.

And then we have another weather value that can be measured and used in WD. 8)

What do you think?

Turn Key, is the same as plug and play.

Whole kid assembled, you simply plug it in and configure WD to use it.

H.

I think it is brilliant :-).

H.

With this sensor can be measured a Particulate Matter (PM10 or even smaller particles). But reading data from this sensor isn’t easy (10ms pulses). How did you solved it? Do you have a schematic?

Hello,

(Sorry for English, it is about a translator)

I am interested by this project, WD is you it compatible?
Thank you.
Serge

Currently WD not able to reasonably use the data from this sensor.
But I can to try ask Brian if he would do something with it.

Ok Merci Rad-X

I have done some deeper research. It seems that TSG2600 is for air quality measuring slightly better than TSG2602 - higher sensitivity for standard city outdoor air contaminants.
See basic classification at http://www.directindustry.com/prod/figaro-engineering/semiconductor-air-quality-sensors-29357-147448.html
info and links at http://lekernel.net/blog/2009/07/toxic-gas-sensors-at-tmplab/
Especially measuring results at http://lekernel.net/blog/2009/09/sanobot-data-for-the-first-half-of-september/
But TSG2602 detect VOCs - eg. leaks of dangerous gases from factory…

I ordered TSG2600 and MQ-135.
Once the parts arrive, I’ll try to compare them.

However, some donation for development would be nice. These sensors are not the cheapest.

Hello,
Simply it would be interesting initially if Brian will integrate the probe in WD. Do you have answers?

Thank you
Serge

I forgot to send PM to Brian. I sent him message today.

Still looking for TGS2600 or TGS2602 in UK?
I bought them at cz.rs-online.com. Both in stock in most xx.rs-online.com eshops. See:
TGS2600 in uk.rs-online.com
TGS2602 in uk.rs-online.com

En France,
http://www.rs-particuliers.com/WebSearch/Capteurs_de_temperature_et_thermocouples-120110.aspx?Page=9&NavigationEx=&Manufacturer=&Price=

Serge

If used with the solar sensor. Where would you place it? High (8-10Meters) or low near the ground?

I’m following this tread very closely as I would also like to do AQI at my station. It’s not very common i Denmark.

Flemming

The sensor should be optimally placed at a height where they move people. About 2 meters above ground.
Sensor must be also well ventilated, not only because they need good air exchange for measuring, but because of its inner portion is heated up to 400 deg C - temperature of sensor surface is about 50 deg C in room temperature. So if is gas sensor placed into a small box with poor heat exchange without temperature sensor (for calculating of heat deviation), measuring will be very inaccurate.

Good evening RAD-X,

You have news of Brian for the project.

Cordially
Serge

Hi,

Looks like an interesting project that, if I can find the time to implement this also at my location where we have an interesting environment here on the island of Maui, Hawaii. We get some SO2 from the volcano when the winds are coming from that direction to pollen in the air all year around…

I will follow this project as it develops.

BTW, Brian is away from his home with his children’s camp for the past week. He should be back this weekend.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

re integration, maybe it could be treated like a snow sensor…

Hello,

I think that you want to say the creation of another adjustment similar to the detector of snow?

Thank you
Serge

Bonjour,

For probe TSG 2602 must it be installed in a box of protection to the free air have the shelter of the rain or snow, the t

[quote author=eongibier link=topic=51432.msg425868#msg425868 date=1316861520]
Bonjour,

For probe TSG 2602 must it be installed in a box of protection to the free air have the shelter of the rain or snow, the t