Dallas 1-wire reader program [RESOLVED]

I have just upgraded from 37Pb41 to 37Qb44 and find that I now have the dallas 1-wire reader starting when WD starts. The issue is that I dont have any 1-wire stuff (I have a Davis station), and I cant see why this is starting up as it is not needed. Anyone know why I am seeing this? It must be an old setting somewhere as years ago I did have a 1-wire lightning detector (no longer used or connected).

Stuart

Edit: It would seem that this program starts at WD start and then terminates if there is nothing to do. I was a little confused by seeing it initially. Is this correct operation?

Well I am even more confused now, I had to restart WD the other day after moving the PC to another room and after the reboot the Dallas 1-wire reader started up again and is still running some days later, it is using CPU every few seconds - not much but it is using it - and I have no 1-wire instruments at all. How can this be right, why is this thing running on a system without 1-wire? I tried viewing it but there is no apparent way to close it down cleanly and I’m loathed to close it forcibly in case it screws something up. Is there a setting I’ve missed somewhere which I need to turn off?

Stuart

I tried viewing it but there is no apparent way to close it down cleanly and I'm loathed to close it forcibly in case it screws something up
huh? just close it, via the X top right it will be no problem

it will only start up if you have set to use a 1 wire sensor

you must have that set (e.g in the com port setup, use 1 wire as well)

Thanks Brian, I thought I’d turned it off in the right places but there was one tick box left. Long time since I did the lightning stuff so was not very familiar with it. Now does not start up.

Thanks again Stuart

make sure to be using the latest version of WD too…

I’m on 37Q b44 at the moment… I hae a problem which I nknow is one of my making at the moment and so I wont update WD again until I sort it.

Stuart

I recommend to use the latest version

Someone tell me why the leaf sensor uv?
Wd settings in the leaf during a UV sensor should be?
I think some programming error in the wire dallas SOFTWARE 3.4, 3.5, 4,0 Series is that it works.
Solar is working every versions but uv sensor not working I think that problem.
Who can help?

do not worry about the ini file settings
does it really matter how I have done the naming convention?
(its grouped under similar type sensors)

your UV sensor is returning an error

I have tested my UV sensor and that is working

hello
Then what do I do to work out the UV sensors.
I do not understand what could be the problem. Now the sensor is bad?
I think if I write once a UV sensor on the identity of the INI file should go there too. I have tried everything but it seems that the software problem.
Finally someone who knows and understands when to send me email to improve the repaired wire dallas newest reader software.
Thanks Nanasmet

do you have set thats its a hobbyboards uv sensor in WD in the 1 wire setup?
I have added that option to the dallas1wirereader now
update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/dallas1wirereader.zip

Already tried the latest version, it does not work. 4.1 did not go.
I really do not understand what’s wrong, I tried everything.

did you select the hobbyboards UV setting?

Yes, I have chosen.
Thursday, reinstall system and re-configure everything. If you can not go to the trash you throw all of my wire sensor. I do not know what I’m doing it.
I tried everything I thought I could wire the driver has a problem, but I can not find an older version. install_1_wire_drivers_x86_v403.msi above, but is now trying to have a install_1_wire_drivers_x64_v403.msi version.
The configuration should go as:
Motherboard Name: Intel D945GCLF Little Falls
Intel Atom 230, 1600 MHz (12 x 133)
System Memory: 1024 MB (DDR2-800 MHz)
Chipset: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
3D Accelerator: Intel GMA 950 (128MB)
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG HM121HI (120 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)
Windows XP SP3 x86

does the 1 wire viewer find and work with the uv sensor?
is it a hobbyboards UV sensor?

I cleaned the windows registry and re-installed the drivers and the latest one wire Wd is installed and running on solar and UV sensors as well. still do not understand why we could not have gone to the trouble.
Now, with the point.

so its working for you now?

Yes its working my hobbyboard uv and solar senzor.

Who can tell me why Dallas 1 wire reader not stay on my screen. When I under the dir WD klik on dallas1wirereader I see for a moment de reader and then the window is goan.

Under Control panel - Dallas 1 Wire I don’t see a colum wiht the adresses von my 1 Wire sensors (snow and lightning)

Can somebody thell me how I this must to do?

Willy

WD version 10.37 Q build 56.

you should see the dallas1wirereader program in the system tray
click on that icon
to set the rom id, etc
do not set in WD anymore