Forthcoming Mantis change

The Mantis Bug Tracker is linked with the Forum such that if you’re logged into the Forum you can directly access Mantis without having to log in. I need to upgrade Mantis to a more recent version and the Forum/Mantis integration code will probably need significant changes to make it work.

So I’m proposing to make the following change…

1. The link to Bug Tracker in the Forum will still take you to Mantis, but you won’t be logged in.
  2. You will be able to log into Mantis with the same username/password as you use on the Forum.
  3. I will modify the existing sync script to create a new Mantis user for each forum user and also to sync user details/email addresses from the Forum into Mantis on a regular basis.

I’ll be making this change in the next few days and will post again when it’s been done.

A new version of Mantis has been installed and the new login process is in place too. As a reminder…you will need to log into Mantis separately using your Forum username/password.

The sync of details between SMF and Mantis is almost ready to go, but I want to run it manually a few times to check for errors before I let it loose to be run automatically!

Please post reports of any problems you find with the new process/Mantis in the Chatter board.

Thanks,
Chris

Login worked fine for me :slight_smile:

-Bob

OK for me too.