All Time Records - Record High Rainfall Rate

I have fixed over five years worth of weather data in WD and all the associated all time records, except for the Record Rainfall Rate that is showing as 0.0 mm/hour (see attached file).

Approximately 1/2 the data was originally recorded in WD and I have even tried removing logs files created from data recorded by the other program (VWS) to see if that would help without any luck.

Am I missing anything obvious. Alternatively does anyone have a little macro that can easily scan my data to identify my maximum rainfall rate so I can enter manually?

Using WD Ver 10.37Q Build 34 on an Atom processor with 1 GB memory.

Cheers

Looking at the All time records, I have just noticed that each of the following incorrect values were recorded in the all time records at the time I ran >Action >Convert Log Files >Check All time Records:

• Record Low wind chill temperature
  • Record high rain rate
  • Record high solar
  • Record high uv

I have checked the log files for the time and they appear to be fine.

I think you are refering to the convert all logfiles option (which re scans for all time records)?
note , doing that, will not zero the record rain rate , or check for that from the logfile
as the logfile only records the rain in the last minute (which is not the same as the instantenous record high rain rate)
maybe you reset it via action, reset selected all time records, or similar?

but you could use, say, excel, loaded as space de limited, to find the maximum rain in the last minute

as for the other parameters, using that convert all logfiles, which search for a lower all time record low windchill

solar or uv is not reset or re scanned via the convert all logfiles

Brian

As usual you are correct, I did a rest all records to fix up a few issues, including my rain rate that WD occasionally likes to incorrectly change the record to 600 mm/hour.

I was hoping that the reset conversion would sort this out. Will need to put my thinking cap on and search all the log flies.

Thanks

Further to my last post, I decided it was way to hard to calculate a record rainfall rate using the logfiles that record data at 1 minute intervals. Way to many variables to produce a meaningful result so I have just left WD alone to record future maximum rainfall rates.

During another (nevern ending) period of heavy rainfall today I have noticed that the WD summary page shows a maximum hourly rate of 158.4 mm/hr @ 7:17pm . However, the All Time records page has updated itself to show a rainfall rate of 264 mm/hr at 7:18 pm (19:18), 1 minute later on the same day. Both values can be seen on the attached image file.

Query 1 - If the later all time record rate was correct, should I expect the WD daily summary page to also show the same value (i.e. are they calculated using the same process). #-o

Query 2 - If there was some error with the later value in the all times records, is there anywhere in WD where I could recover the previous Record High Rain Rate given that it is not possible to recalculate using the log file data?

Rain Rate.jpg