OT Wacom?

Does any one have any experience with a
http://www.wacom.com/index2.php?gclid=CLGb9ITJqacCFcbsKgodZ2TCCA

I am looking @ one to use with Photo shop and editing pictures

Just looking for some feedback

Thanks

Brad

No, but I’ve always wanted one :lol:

I’ve got a Bamboo. It proved to me that having clever technical methods for drawing won’t make me into an artist! Luckily the kids seem to enjoy using it! The biggest problem I found was that it sits right where your mouse wants to be so I had to keep on shifting mouse and pad back and forth. I know the Bamboo can act as a mouse, but it didn’t feel natural using it that way.

As with anything, it depends on what you want to do with it. If your task would be aided by a pad, go for it, otherwise it’s probably just another gadget that will gather dust until you get rid of it.

I’ve used them for years and they are great. It takes about half a day to get used to them, if using as a mouse replacement, but you quickly find them very intuitive. When you go back to a mouse they feel incredibly slow and heavy. Don’t think they are just for graphic designers!

We had problems with people suffering from RSI at work so we tried out Wacom tablets. Many people found it cured their problems and they are now standard items in all audio edit suites. Interestingly many people started using them just because they found they could work so much faster.

We’ve standardised on the Intuos range but don’t think you need a big one. An A5 is fine and many users prefer the A6. A4 and above are useful if you are working on CAD but otherwise you need to move your arm too far most of the time. However the software does allow you to map down the workable area - which somewhat defeats the point of having a large tablet #-o

The only slightly annoying thing is that none of the tools are backwards compatible - an Intuos mk1 pen will only work on a mk1 tablet, etc.

Julian