any excel experts?

I trying to make a spread sheet for the farm to watch some hog future prices but My 2007 Excel doesn’t know math (It can’t be me :lol: )

Attached is a screen shot of what what I get

What I want is to subtract Block A2 (25) From A1(125) and multiply sum X .75

so the code I am entering is =A1-A2*.75

But the math is never correct. That answer should be 75 and excel says its 106.25

The numbers I want are not this simple but used to make simple. I pry just am not clicking something right. any advice would be great!

Thanks

Brad

excel.jpg

Try =(A1-A2)*.75 instead.

Niko is right…multiplication and divisions are done before additions and subtractions. BOMDAS rules.

See Excel operator precedence.

I knew It had to be something simple

Thanks Niko that did the trick! and I booked marked the help Page

Brad

the way you had it , =A1-A2*.75
A2 was being multiplied by .75 then subtracted from a1. you were wanting to subtract the two column values and multiply the difference by 0.75.

Excel is a little different. I use it with my weather history calculations.

Attached is image of Finished product. I set it up so I just have to enter price on bottom of the page for the correct month (still trying to find a page that I can hyperlink to so it does it automatically for me) :oops:

Thanks again for help all

Brad

Sorry for bumping in but I have a question about excel, how could i get this in to excel?

Ft = ((-24.5 x ((0.667 x V10) + 4.8)) + 2111) x (-4.8 - Tair)-1.668

Tair=air temperature and V=wind speed in Kilometers

Pretty much enter is as it is. Just replace the V and T values with the cell references that contain the values.

Oh no, it’s not that easy, that “-1.668” at the end is supposed to be a power, not a subtraction, according to the original source quoted on that “other” forum where Axelvold found this. See http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival/the-wind-chill-factor/

Ft = ((-24.5 x ((0.667 x V10) + 4.8 )) + 2111) x (-4.8 - Tair)-1.668

Just for a clue here’s how to enter the F/MPH windchill formula in Excel, A1 is temp in F, A2 is wind in MPH

No volunteers? Oh well, here it is:

A2 = Temp in C, A3 = wind in km. Note that this only works for a limited range of temperatures, like -10C and below. The original source appears to be http://www.ofcm.gov/jagti/r19-ti-plan/pdf/03_chap3.pdf

Axelvold, if you want to share this elsewhere kindly link to the post and not the image, thanks.

I was happy with(a1-a2)*.75 But I do understand more now… always willing to learn here!

Brad

I always find it easier to use a lot of parentheses () than to remember (and trust) the default calculation order in the various programs I use.

Thanks Niko, I’m gonna look at this after work.

working good