A peacfull end

Hi
My father died early this morning, with all of us (his immediate family) at his bed side, aged 66. He died peacefully and quietly after a long 7 month battle with secondary cancer, which finally made him blind .yesterday. :cry:
Hence I will struggle to provide the support people have got used to over the nest 5 days or so.

Only 8 days ago we had him in a helicoptor (my brother and I went with him) so he could get to see a large project that was nearly finished that he had instigated 8 months or so earlier.

Sorry to hear of your loss…
At peace now as you say
Take care of your family, and take your time with your grieving.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family Brian,

I am sure that all WD users will certainly understand that you need time away from dealing with the program so you can arrange more important things. Take as much time as you need.

Best wishes and all the best

Brian,
I am so sorry to hear this. It was good you had that opportunity to take that ride with a loved one. We will keep your family in out thoughts and prayers. Peace be with you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.

Thank God it was peacefull. He is at rest now.

Your big job now is to be with your family.

Peace to all of you.

Rich

I am so sorry for you and your family. I have been down that path with my father and then my mother. It is never easy to know how to respond or proceed. Your personal faith and support of your friends will help you through the times ahead.

Again, Rose and I are sorry for your loss . I will say kaddish for him tonight.

Joe T.

Brian ,
Thinking of you and the family .
Dad’s in a better place now ( no more suffering ) .

Vinay & Jayshree

I am so sorry hearing about that…
Also my condolences to you and the rest of your family Brian,

Take as much time as you need and I am sure everybody here will understand in that situation.

Otherwise thank god that your father had a peaceful end.

Best wishes and all the best!

Cheers
Roman

Brian

I’m really sorry to hear that news. When you feel really bad, try to remember all the good times you had with your dad.

It’s at times like this that you realise how powerful a medium the Internet is…it’s made me feel upset about the death of a man who I never knew and lived 12,000 miles away :cry:

Don’t feel guilty in any way about not providing support for WD for as long as it takes you to come to terms with life without Dad.

And never forget that you have made a lot of friends all around the world on this forum. We’ll be here waiting to welcome you back when you’re ready. I don’t know if your father knew about WD, but I bet it made him proud that his son had achieved such worldwide fame.

My condolences to you and your family Brian,
having lost several people close to me over the last couple of
years to cancer, I know how it feels. Only time makes the hurt
lessen a bit, (but never quite goes away).

To Brian and family;

It’s never easy to go through the final phase of a loved one’s life. Keep the faith and knowing that he’s at Peace.

I lost both parents several years ago and their memories are still with me as that is something you’ll never forget.

God Bless to you and your family during this time.

To Brian and Family

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. Take care.

Brian,
I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My condolances to you and your family. I’m sure the wonderful memories you have of your father will help you through this diffficult time.

Brian -

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Your father is now in a far better place and free of the pain and suffering he has endured yet he will remain with you always in your heart.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Brian

I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bryce

Brian,
My condolences on your loss.
Take care.

Brian

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Our thoughts are with you and your family

Hi
thanks everyone!
I appreciate it :slight_smile:
Bristolwx, my thoughts and support go to you, and to anyone else who has to go through what I and the rest of our family have in the last 7 months.
I will really miss him, as we compared weather notes all the time!
Yes, he used weather display! (as does 2 other members of my family), with a Davis VP.
It lives on here:
http://ps.gen.nz/~hamgap/waiuku.htm

it started raining when he died, and has hardly stopped since.

Cancer is such a horrible thing. Chemo gave him a few more months.
The health professionals do a great job, but at times they are pretty helpless and can only over pain relief, as for some things there is not much that you can do .

HI - just caught up with this thread.
My deepest condolences.

take your time and remember all the good times.

Brian,
Our deepest condolences to you and your family.

Colin and Karen Larsen and family.