Ultimate Guide to Weather and Climate Resources Online

A comprehensive list of online weather and climate resources.

http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/library/weather-resources

Strange. I recvd an e-mail today with the same link.

I'm not sure if you're the right person to contact, but I wanted to tell you that since I have been working on creating some new science resources, your page was a great source of information. As a thank you, I thought I would pass along this additional resource I have been using as well in case you were looking to add more to your page. I have been using material from this page, http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/library/weather-resources. It has a ton of great weather resources that you and your users may find useful! Thanks Again :) Cate

As soon as I saw Al Gore’s site in there, I ran.

Thanks, but no thanks Cate.

Seems like Cate pinged on several of us with the same email

Cate? Blanchette?

Got to me also!

Got mine on the 2nd…

Hi!

My name is Cate Newton and I wanted to provide feedback on your page,
North Bend - Useful Links. I’m not sure if you’re
the right person to contact, but I wanted to tell you that since I
have been working on creating some new science resources, your page
was a great source of information.

As a thank you, I thought I would pass along this additional resource
I have been using as well in case you were looking to add more to your
page. I have been using material from this page,
http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/library/weather-resources. It has
a ton of great weather resources that you and your users may find
useful!

Thanks Again :slight_smile:
Cate

Received the same email here too. :roll:

Yeah, she/he sent me the same email. Boy, did I fall for that one. Sorry folks. You can delete this thread if you want to.

What email was it sent from?

Got IP number if thats needed for anything.

I recievede the same over here, any ideas about it.

Geoff

I too got my copy thru my contact page on the 2nd - I was alerted to the fact it was spam 'cos it came thru the contact page on my old site.
Still have the email sitting in my mailwasher program if anyone wants IP address or headers etc.

Then I guess [email protected] is a spammer.

Seems to be a site that is mostly links to other sites with a mailbox address.

It is actually a directory website as you will notice that there are short descriptions associated with the links as to what they have to offer. Directory websites can be a lot more helpful than search engines where you get too much duplication and irrelevancy in the search results (i.e. wunderground.com listed 5,000 times). The links/resources on directory websites are handpicked as to relevancy and content and the descriptions makes it easier to decide whether that link/resource has what you are looking for. I used to run a directory website for jobs back in the 90’s after I was laid off which was quite popular and even got mentioned in several jobhunting books.

Edit: As far as the source of that email is concerned, you only need to go to sreducationgroup.org to see who they are and what they do. It is an educational website designed to help students to better their education.