Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

I went from B242 to B247 - NICE new look :slight_smile:

Have you ever thought about making the window bigger? There are sooo many cool things on a small screen.

Yes I know I can enlarge it. But i’m talking about the default

Also the time stamps (hourly), make them bold to stand out perhaps. Same with the values on the top right graph - if it was bigger, you could make those numbers bigger

I never did understand the rain gauge between the rain values and the sun/moon graph. Without a number , whats the point? Plus you can see from the rain values what they are?

I’m just saying… :slight_smile:

Really though GOOD job

there is currently an issue with the font size/quality with the graphing component used for when larger size used…hopefully that will get fixed sometime in the future
that rain graphic does have a number on it on the windows version…its just a visual representation of the rain amount I guess

No biggie, honest… just mentioning it…

again looks great. .good job

Hey you mentioned the astronomy data not being right… on my new web page it pulls the moon phases with a date of 1969 along with not all the data
being there. any thoughts on that when you get a free chance (laugh)

good night…

I tried the new update but unfortunately didn’t solve the issue of the WH3081 remembering anything. The solar & UV data doesn’t show on the main screen

the WH3081 setting should be remembered now, after ticking that option, in the weather station type setup…but I will test that
if you set to log raw data, under setup, advanced/misc, is there any debug info about the WH3081 solar info reading?

I have attached a copy of the debug info. At the time i did a screen capture the WH3080 console was showing the UV of 5 and solar 110.8 W/m2

WD remembers the selection for h3080 and that it has solar + UV but it won’t remember use solar/UV with my station data from solar sensor in the control panel. It works fine in the windows version

ah
next update will fix that…
question: does the raw debug solar reading go above 0?

I will keep an eye on it but at this stage 0 is all I’ve seen

Hey Brian

The Exit button doesn’t work on the new build btw

Just mentioning it…

Only time solar appears in debug info
But nothing appears on the WD main screen

Hi Brian,

I haven’t visited this forum for quite a while and see you’ve updated the Mac version - great stuff - I was running V10.37S B24 8O

I just loaded the new version - looks great - I’ve found a few issues you may not be aware of?

1. The clientraw.txt file is playing up in my Ajax dashboard - I remember you “fixed” this previously in the older version - here is the link to what you did to fix it - can you advise please? http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/451610

2. I’m using a Davis Vantage Pro2 via ethernet - WD reads the data a few times OK, then the time seems to pause for a minute or two - the time freezes in WD while the Data Received number increments - the strange thing is the data within clientraw.txt changes while the date/time doesn’t change (it matches the frozen WD time) during this lockup - it will then work for a while then pause again.

3. I had some spurious data - once I had gusts over 1024 knots and pressure change an astronomically large negative number that wouldn’t fit into the window -40508039641xxxxxxx65000000000000000000

Many thanks
Ian

@mdheron
try a new update, ready now

@vk2him
try deleting the
[Comport]
mac usb name=

setting in the wdisplayftp.ini file, when WD is not running
then reselect the com port to use (use the cu type in the list instead of tty)

also use the latest update, to have the clientraw.txt set to be created as UTF8

Tried the new update still doesn’t show in the debug info and on the WD main screen

how do you mean does not show
what does show?
(note you should be able to use copy/paste into forum (maybe have to use ctrl c)
it was showing before (first time run, but there was an error about the hid being active)

a couple of screen shots

Can’t get the 2nd shot up. Access violations have started appearing again. Haven’t had them for awhile. Trying to remember how I got rid of them last time

Access violations fixed.

This is the screen shot of the WD main screen

I don’t have a WH3081 here
but I will see I can still test with my WH1081
at getting the solar data

also there is a new WD mac build version…some more improvements and optmisations…you should notice reports screens are faster (e.g view, av/ext)

i’ll download the new version and let you know how it goes

I am not getting those HID errors here in testing with build 249
but one thing:try not have the data history at start up set (as that will cause a conflict, which I will fix for next update)

Thanks Brian - I deleted the Comport section but because I connect to the Davis via Ethernet, I don’t connect to it via USB/Serial so there is nothing to select.

I also loaded the new version - the same issues exist as previous however now the datalogger won’t download and now the Exit button doesn’t work - I have to end the process.

So my issues are:

1. The clientraw.txt file is still playing up in my Ajax dashboard - the wind, direction etc change every 4 seconds however the counter that displays when the last update happened only updates one a minute - last time when you changed it to UTF8 it seemed to fix this issue however it hasn’t this time?

2. Updates from the VP2 via Ethernet freeze, then restart, then freeze again

3. Exit doesn’t work - I have to end process

4. The Data logger tries to read the data but has many retires, then aborts without getting the data

5. The spurious readings seem to have gone …

Many thanks
ian