Forum etiquette and politeness

There seems to have been an increasing amount of impoliteness in the forum of late. Please try to keep your emotions in check when posting messages. Even if you’re having the worst possible day/month/year with your computer/weather station/software please don’t take that out on others, whether it’s someone trying to help you because you share a common interest or Brian because “he’s paid to do it”. Actually whilst you do pay Brian for the licence to run WD, you get a lot for your money, with free fixes for life and loads of new features on a regular basis, so if your favourite new feature/bug takes a while to get added/fixed, please don’t moan about it…there are probably many other people pushing Brian to add new features/fix their favourite bugs at the same time.

This forum is as much about support by users for users as it is for Brian to identify and fix bugs/answer questions. Being impolite or taking your anger out in forum posts simply puts everyone on edge and you’re likely to find that less attention is paid to your problem as a result. Keep it polite and you’ll hopefully find that life will be much nicer for everyone.

PS. No names, no pack drill, but if you feel as if you might have been impolite to someone through the forum, a quick apology by PM might go a long way to smoothing things out.

Time to be more blunt. I’ve had complaints that there are some people posting impolite messages. I’ve also had complaints that there are some people sending impolite PMs.

This is supposed to be a friendly forum with people helping each other and helping Brian to help others…not a place for rudeness or hostility.

It’s time for those who are prone to be hostile/negative/rude to wake up and realise that they will get the best out of others by being friendly/positive/nice. And if people can’t find it in themselves to be friendly/positive/nice then I will have to seriously consider withdrawing posts and/or banning people. Not something I’d ever do lightly, but if driven to it I will have to do it.