Wxsim 3in1 script

Hi all!

After much playing around it (almost) ready. A script what put together Ken’s plaintext-parser (and it is heavenly based on that), hour-by-hour-script and meteogram-graphs :smiley:

As background, the old meteograms did not worked ok, and on another hand, we had 3 different scripts (plaintext,hour-by-hour,graphs) what all used their own translations and used the biggy .csv-file.
In this script all translations are done with lang-xx.txt-files from plaintextparser (with few additions) and as secondly datafile are the much smaller lastret.txt used.

Demo and live can be seen here: http://www.nordicweather.net/index.php?sivu=40&lang=en

• As new are colored temperature-numbers what follow the colorshceme seen on ex. Nordic networks GoogleMap. But, sorry, there are by now only numbers for Celsius degrees created. The php/gd-script i did the numbers with have only 80 different colors defined so i got -40 to + 40. If someone want to play with it, i will provide the script by request.
  • Tables shows up colorized texts for sig weather like thunder. Also in hourtable are frosts mentonied from may to september (oct-apr are winter here and frost are not anything strange) LOL
  • Dumps the NOAA iconset and use a free set from a small Swedish IT company instead.

Zip can be downloaded here

To work you need to setup wxsim/wret to create/upload lastret.txt-file, more info in the README in the zip how to do it.

EDIT 26.11.2010
Added colorized/bolded snow-senytences to both tables.

cheers
henkka

Oh man, that looks really cool, I got dibs on the 1st one to break something though :wink:

Seriously, thank you very much, Im gonna install it now :smiley:

If you wonder, the wind-icons in the windgraph are done with pure javascript/canvas, no images involved there.
Its ported from the windgauge i have on my frontpage. :lol:

Also forgot to add, the tempgraph change color when below zero C to light blue :wink:

henkka

Hi Henkka, no worries, sounds good with the colour change… :slight_smile:

I have hit a wee snag though, I am getting a

Warning: file(wxsim/plaintext-parser.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nortrcom/domains/northantsweather.com/public_html/wxsim/wxsim.allinone.plaintextparser.php on line 77

Now, interestingly on line 77 its looking for

$config = file(‘wxsim/plaintext-parser-data.php’); //

the interesting part is i cannot find that file its looking for, am i missing it, or have you rename it?

Hi Simon

I think you should change plaintext-parser-data.php

to

plaintext-parser-data.txt (located where you have Ken

Hi Bashy,

Warning: file(wxsim/plaintext-parser.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nortrcom/domains/northantsweather.com/public_html/wxsim/wxsim.allinone.plaintextparser.php on line 77

Yeah, those 3 paths in xx.plaintextparser.php needs to be changed too (as per 2. in README ;)).
Tryed to get them as $variable to the setting-file but for some strange reason it didn’t work, no idea why so far…

henkka

Doh, didnt even think it was a file not directly within the package #-o

Thanks Henrik, got a step further now, still something amiss and struggling to find it

http://www.northantsweather.com/wxwxsimmulti.php

Sorry Hennka, i thought i’d done all that :oops: Including the lang part but when i saw it running
it was still showing a none english language, i have it set to en in the settings file

When look at your page now (and with same list of notices at jwwd’s page) seem i will add a setting what force php-errornotices to off in the script, that way we get ride off the them at least.

Bashy, add

<?php
error_reporting(0);
?>

to top of that page and it will fix those.

Then, check the paths to the js-files, seems it did not find them (therefore no tabs), in the code you copied from sivu2.php but also in the settings-file.

Bashy, did it showed up finnish translation for you as default? 8O

henkka

Hi Henkka, I will add that now, Yeah i chose en in the settings and thats whats showing now…

Just added that bit of error code and it through up a 2 more with regards to the style switcher
that i dont use…?

language…

ahh, now i see the problem…
in almost beginning of xx.plaintextparser.php are theese 2 lines:

$lang = $_GET['lang'];
if ($_GET[lang] == "") { $lang ="fi"; }

delete them, have forgot them from my own setup/code, will update zip now.

henkka

EDIT: zip updated, also added the errorreporting to off-thing.

Hi Henkka

Thats cured the language side of it thank you… still gettting langaue errors though and i think theres
been a needle found in the haystack, whatever that means pmsl…

Got fixed the issue with the paths on line 75-80 in xx.plaintextparser.php, are now in the settingsfile for easier setup (you still need to check the 2 paths ate top of that file tought).

henkka

Bashy,

Add that errorreporting(0); to the top of page too :wink:
Check the path to js-files, add a slash to $jsfile-settings (is “jquery” not “jquery/”?) as i saw it pushed out paths w/o that, also upload the jquery-files to that folder, seemed missing :wink:

henkka

OK, Error reporting added back in, i took it back out cause of the theme switcher error (i dont use it)

The files are in the jquery folder, e.g. public_html/wxsim/jquery

I have the jquery setting as

// jQuerydir-path
$jsdir = “jquery”; // js-folder

OK, Error reporting added back in, i took it back out cause of the theme switcher error (i dont use it)
Aah, ok.

jQuery’s…
Try to set to

$jsdir = "wxsim/jquery/";                           // js-folder

also the slash at the end

henkka

Ok this is strange, just added

$jsdir = “wxsim/jquery/”; // js-folder

and its still not right, just checked the sivu2.php as a test and thats showing the same,
see, i told you i wanted to be 1st that breaks it :wink: lol

Hi Henkka

Got it working:

www.silkeborg-vejret.dk/wxsim_allinone.php

Thank you very much for this great script. It has been a pleassure (as always) helping you testing.

Best regards,

Henrik

Just looked at your source-code, js-files are found ok, so also css-file.
But for some strange reason are the wind-dirs in charcters not numeric like this:
dirdata: [E,SSE,SSE,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,E,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,ESE,E],
Can you check they are numeric in lastret.txt? as they should be readed in “as they are” and that was the first error what FF’s errorconsole picked up for me.

henkka

I just changed it back to numeric, i prefer N E S W numbers confuse me lol its changed and uploaded as numeric now

I also changed from m/s to mph in the settings file but i aint sure if that was the correct place as its
still in m/s?

$uoms = array(’

Great, now its working :slight_smile:

The “m/s”-issue…
Aah… i see know forgot to add those, they are hardcoded to m/s #-o
Will fix that.

henkka