vers 3.4 .zip is ready

from the download page…

now that i have ftp/internet access from the linux HD (when running the pc under linux), i can update the latest version now
i have made a few changes to the wunderground almanac…i did some testing, and got a bit further on
also, the windchill now works too
i also want to get the davis VP routine to work the same as the windows version too…
still to work on that
but this is a start

Hi Windy,

Well I’m attempting to upgrade to LWD, I’ve downloaded and unpacked 3.4, but I can’t install it.

The web page says type ./GoWeather, the INSTALL file says ./GoWeatherD, neither work.

Any ideas anyone?

Using FC2 and 2.6.6

Ahhh,

Well, not sure if this is a Fedoraism, but it’ll only work if you type ./GoWeather.sh

must be…
.sh
thats like just an extra, to be sure to be sure, command…?
(like a shell command)?

the .sh is running the shell script, thus starting the program… that doesn’t matter on what distro … like having to have .exe at the end of any win program(you can’t run the wdisplay in win, but you can run wdisplay.exe)

… you can make the wdisplay be able to start the program, I did it in mandrake, but now i don’t know how i did it :lol:

i am already running several things from the command line, so doesn’t bother me :stuck_out_tongue: