VVP minor update and signed 64 bit virtual serial driver

I have a beta of VirtualVP, v. 1.2.4 that temporarily addresses the problem of the new Loop command in VP firmware 1.90. If a program asks the console, through VirtualVP what the firmware version is, VirtualVP simply passes along what the console says. But if it’s firmware v. 1.90, then the weather program assumes it can use the new loop command, which VirtualVP does not support. This v. 1.2.4 of VirtualVP temporarily addresses this by filtering the response to the version command so it reports an earlier version so the weather program will not assume the loop2 command can be used. The beta is a zip of the exe, which can be extracted and placed in the folder where VirtualVP is installed. The download is here: http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp/virtualvp1.2.4.zip
This will only work for the Vantage Pro (not the Vantage Vue). But I will try and make a similar change for that in the next couple days.

I would like to add native support in VirtualVP for the new loop2 command, but have not gotten my hands on the specs for the command. If anyone has that, I would be thankful if you could email it to me (steve at softwx.com).

Also, a VirtualVP user alerted me to a virtual serial port driver I had not encountered before. It is a fully signed driver, so it can be used on 64-bit Windows without having to jump through any other hoops. The link is on the download page at softwx.com, but to save you having to go there here is this link: http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=VSP_Manager
I have not tested it myself, but a couple VirtualVP users have been using it and report that it works well.

Steve

I’ll try this later on Steve. Nice too see you around again I was wondering if something had happened.

No problems so far…

Steve,
Davis i think has released documentation on how to utilize loop2 here:
http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/software_dllsdk.asp
under Vantage DLL.

I have version 1.90 Firmware on my Vantage Pro2. I was having VERY SLOW extraction with VirtualVP. I installed the beta version Steve mentions above, 1.2.4. This fixed my extraction problems, data extracts very quickly now. Everything is running fine but I noticed the following “Warnings” under the Activity Tab. Everything is still running but I’m not sure what these mean, they appear about every 10 mins. Anyone observe these, or know what they are? Thanks.
jp

10:35:02:526 Warning - EEBRD: 1, 45
10:36:05:838 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 1
10:36:06:557 Warning - EEBRD: 27, 1
10:36:07:265 Warning - EEBRD: 45, 1
10:37:04:922 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 16
10:47:14:332 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 16
10:57:04:489 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 16
11:05:23:670 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 1
11:05:24:330 Warning - EEBRD: 27, 1
11:05:24:996 Warning - EEBRD: 45, 1
11:07:13:926 Warning - EEBRD: 25, 16

Appears to be EEPROM related, not the live data:

“EEBRD ”
Reads data from the EEPROM. The data and CRC are given in binary format following an ACK response.

Per the Davis doc: “4 KB EEPROM memory, which is used for calibration numbers, station latitude/longitude/elevation/timezone values, transmitter configuration, and Console graph points”

Thanks Niko, it doesn’t seem to affect anything so I’ll just let it run.
jp

i get similar errors, but as it works, not done anything about it either.