wdmysql custom tags

Hi everyone and body.

I have left some water flow under the bridge… :wink:

I was hopping that in the new wd release I would find a wdmysql > v10.7… nojoy :pale:

Any idea and time frame on when the custom (tags/fields) will be operative in wdmysql ???

Thanks Brian for the answer.

Regards.

-= Guy =-

Still waiting for response… :?

Any news about publishing a wdmysql vers with corrected bug about custom fields…?

Thanks regards.

-= Guy =-

Still waiting for response… :?

Thanks.

-= Guy =-

but I have responded about this in your other threads about this and via email

it is on my list of things to do

I am making a start on this now

Thanks Brian,

Looking forward for the results.

Regards.

-= Guy =-

I have managed to find some backed up code so I could re create the wdmysql.exe program
and have it working OK updating the normal WD MYSQL data base table

could you remind me what the problem is with the custom MYSQL , so that I can test that
(e.g what is your table structure like, what fields, etc, i,e what causes a problem)
thanks

Thanks for that post Brian.

Is it possible to have two instances of WDSQL running at the same time an recording on two different databases?
If yes, I will look at the second instance working.

What I recall by memory is that it is impossible to have custom fields working, it comes back automaticaly to your
standard preset fields. While, (for me) WRM fields are completely useless, I tried to build my own custom database…
Without success.

Thanks again, regards.

-= Guy =-

I have tested here, using this version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdmysqltest.zip

with a simple custom mysql database (testing time/date/var char/integer and real ) that I created in XAMPP running on my pc
and its working

if you could test this version (run instead of the normal wdmysql.exe)
and if still no good then .zip and email me your settings files and I will have a look
(note, I do not have ticked to update normal data base as well, in the custom mysql setup)

Hi Brian,
Your new 1.08version now allows to create a new table using only a part of the preproposed columns…
But, problem…
Once you have done that, you are stuck to it and may NOT do any changes.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to disconnect from database and “Connect to database now” becomes inop.
Also, NO list of databases and list of tables show up in the two upper rignt windows.

At this point, I did not try to build custom columns.

Thanks, regards.

-= Guy =-

Once you have done that, you are stuck to it and may NOT do any changes.
that is not the case though.....you can go back to the custom mysql setup and make changes (but you would then need to make changes to your actual mysql table (using the mysql php admin web page) so not sure what you are meaning there

I had not hooked up the disconnect and reconnect to data base now.I can do that
and yes the show tables and databases does not work…in this version…but you can see those via your mysql php admin browser setup window anyway, so they are not really needed

Hi Brian,
As shown on pict, database and table list do NOT show up.
For custom tags, a new table CANNOT be created.
Stuck there.
Regards.
–= Guy =-

UP Thank you

UP UP thanks…