Run-Time Error 62 Input past end of file

Wxsim has been running good for me in manual and auto mode up until Dec 14th, but for some reason now I can’t get Wxsim to open. Every time I try to open the program I get an error message stating Run-Time Error 62. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I have not made any changes lately and in fact it has been running in auto mode for several days without me doing anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Same here Anthony - all of the runs after 14:00 are showing the time and date 12-16-00 (+12hr diff to GMT) and do not relate to the runtime.

Just performed a manual run (23:00) and Wxsim starts but stalls at first Graphic module screen

From wdat.txt:
dates are way behind… (but still on same relative day…) at 23:00:

ie GFS=
2009-12-16-00

and the next section:

UXUS44 KAMA 160000

and the next section:

Lat=-49Long=174HGTSFC=-0.3
2009-12-16-00

Its been messing me around off and on for about 4 days now.

Graeme
NZ

Go into the WXSim program folder and have a look at a file called custinit.txt, there should be some setup data in there but I’ve had it go blank on a couple of occasions. This leads to the error 62 issue but is easy to sort if you copy & paste the data from the custinit.txt file that Tom sent you with the other custom files for WXSim.

Also note that Chris has been working on a fix for new GRIB file data formats and it may all come right tomorrow…

Go into the WXSim program folder and have a look at a file called custinit.txt, there should be some setup data in there but I've had it go blank on a couple of occasions. This leads to the error 62 issue

Budgie - you were so right - my custinit.txt file was empty but there was a .bak file there so i copied from that, so hopefully the next run will be ok.

Graeme

Budgie,

Thanks for the information. My file was blank so I copied the information from the .bak file and I am now able to open wxsim. It seems to be ok now, but again thank you for the quick post.

Glad that sorted it. :smiley:

It’s worth checking all your settings to make sure they are as you want them. I had to change a couple of settings that I’d altered from Tom’s original and I now keep a copy of custinit.txt on my WX PC’s desktop in case it happens again. :wink:

Ah, still only getting the 6am forecast complete and then wdata only showing data from that time frame, despite now having two runs at 2hrs apart since then. Getting WRET with having an error at line 1029 or something, subscript out of range. I have Wret autoclosing with SS so error windows don’t halt the next process 2 hrs later.

What I found was that I was using System Scheduler to close Wxsim and the time I had set was too small once I had Use GFS for Advection ticked. It was thus incomplete and Wret got confused. I set a longer period, now not sure if Wxsim is closing itself or SS… but it now works with a 4min span. SS will only close t if it is hung or takes longer than 3 mins to run…