Weather Monitor II- rain gauge stopped working

My rain gauge stopped working about noon today with a big storm moving through. I checked when I got home and made sure that the funnel wasn’t clogged and the the internal see-saw moved freely. But the rainfall total on the WMII display hasn’t changed. I also verified all the connections inside. Suggestions on how to debug?

If it’s like the VP one then you can see the wire ends/connections to the reed switch, take a short piece of wire and make a connection a few times between the two wires and see if the rain count increments, if so the reed switch needs to be replaced.

If the reed switch it is ok ,after i am afraid have problem the ISS electronic circuit.

Well the fix was easier than I thought. The tipping bucket had shifted on it’s axis so that the magnet didn’t pass the reed switch any more. Apparently there’s supposed to be a plastic pin on each side that holds the bucket in the center. One of these had broken off and had been replaced by a piece of string tied around the shaft by the previous owner. Until yesterday this had been working fine for the two years I’ve owned the station. I retied it and added a bit of super glue to hold it in place.