Re: Bug Report - Message from Brian

Brian's phone line has a fault and is unable to access internet from home . The fault developed after the neighbours phone line was fixed this morning . We think the Telecom cable down Brian's road need's urgent upgrading and all the faultman did this morning is swap the phoneline pairs to get the neighbour going . :?

Brian awaits Telecom to fix the problem . :?

That is the way we would fix the complaining customers circuit when I worked for The Phone Company. We would take a known good circuit and move it to the complaining customer. We knew someone else may complain when they realized they no longer had telephone service. But then we would have something to do tomorrow. Job security you know. :wink:

Once upon a time my new phone was connected to the same pair as the phone at the little farm across the street. For about a month we got a lot of wrong numbers and calls from the phone company asking if the phone was working OK, to which we replied that it was. Little did we know that the folks across the road were going crazy, they would be in the field, hear their big external phone bell ring, head to the house, but the ringing would stop before they got there when we picked up the phone. They would call the phone co and complain, the phone co would call back, we would answer and tell them there was no problem :lol: :lol:

I knew we should have stopped at the wireless telegraph…

now if you will excuse me…

[code:1]… / .- – / … .- …- … -. --. / …-. …- -. / …- … … -. --. / – — .-. … . / -.-. — -… . .-.-.- [/code:1]