Wanted/Unwanted Files

Hi All,

There are some files that are being uploaded to my host that I normally do not use such as:

1-12monthtodate.gif (and numerous other ‘monthtodate’ items), history gifs of the local WD window, [January-December][2010-2015].htm (complete daily lists of averages/extremes), windtempraintrend[numbers].gif, etc.

Some are using these files and some may want to have these file to augment their pages.

The question is, how or where are these type of files are being controlled by WD? How to turn it off or on?

This might be a savings of space on the host as well as the time/bandwidth to upload them.

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

you could turn off the av/ext upload
via in the FTP/internet setup, upload times…and or un tick to upload date stamped graphs there too

Thank you Brian for the quick reply and will check my settings and see what is there.

BTW, I finally upgraded my old XP system just because I had a major HD crash on it and now am running Win 7 on it. Also upgraded from build 81 to the 300 series. So far it seems to be working well.

Thank you for all the work that you have done with WD.

Regards,

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

I have been looking for a thread that dealt with this issue of how to set certain files in added directories.

My concern is with the daily gif that is uploaded after midnight: 2016xxxx.gif. I would like to put that in it’s own directory to keep the amount of files on my root directory from getting out of hand.

This file is used with wxhistory.php

I have tried the FTP/Internet Setup, Web Files Upload Times and AV/Ext. In that menu there is an option to “Upload to this remote directory instead” In that box I have tried to put the directory I am using, but there is no upload to that directory: 24hour/

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

which version/build of WD?
and are you sure that is the correct format for that remote directory?
it might need to be /24hour/

Brian

I am using build 317
I have tried several different configurations for the added remote directory. The root dir is /public_html/

Bill

I have tested this before and it did work OK here
you could try checking the ftp log files after the av/ext update

Brian,

All I wish to do is to place xxxx2016 in its own directory. If I untick “do daily uploads of averages/extreme”, “Do for all av/ext files” and “Upload dailynoaareport/climatedataout” in Control Panel/ FTP/Internet Setup/Webfiles Upload Times and Av/Ext, will these files still upload to the root dir?

Bill