Various operational issues & questions

Yup - as expected I have questions about the program operation.

1. Com port selection must be initialized every time the program starts, i.e., it always begins with a com port error until I pull up the setup screen and click okay. Com port 1 is defined in the .ini file. Saving & exiting doesn’t cure the problem. It always starts with a com port error regardless of what I do.

2. Like another fellow in the forum. I also have a question mark (?) being displayed instead of the degree symbol. This happens with Gnome or KDE. Was there any resolution to this issue?

3. Is it possible to import the station file from Davis’s PCLINK software (.pri)

4. I’m a little confused about downloading data from and clearing the datalogger. I ticked the box to download from the data logger on startup, but no data is pulled in - at least the rainfall display is not updated with my Davis’s datalogger data. The help file says don’t clear the datalogger, but just let it overwrite when it fills up – however the Davis datalogger setup doesn’t have an option for Not clearing the datalogger unless I just don’t understand the terminology used. The option is “datalogging interval (this will clear the buffer)”

That’s enough for now. TIA

–John
www.koipond.org