WD 10.37L stops getting data with ws2310

This has been an ongoing problem with WD for the past year, and its about time I try to fix it. My setup is as follows: Lacrosse ws2310 wired between the outdoor sensor and the main unit, and the standard serial cable to my usb to serial adapter (note I have tried two different adapters to no avail). This has been connected to both my server (intel atom 1.6ghz 1gb ram–maybe two) and my laptop (1.75 celeron 2gb ram) in both cases uploading the data to my custom page on the server. Both ubuntu (server 8.10, laptop 9.04–done twice, once as a FRESH install)

The issue arises here, after anywhere from 1-7 days ish (depending on version and luck) WD just stops getting data, the graphs flatline, indicator stops blinking… The ws2310 still is receiving new data and is being updated on the unit. Running the app in a terminal gave me no help, and its starting to get annoying.

I understand the problems with the ws2310, how it is… but WD stops getting data, at random times. I will try turning off the web upload for a while and see if that works, either way I’ll post, but if it does fix it, how can I make the webpage (custom) still upload every minute, without stopping my data

Tried going back onto my server machine, with the same results. It did the same on the laptop with web off. It seems to be anywhere from 4000 data parts to 10000 data parts. Is there anyway to make a script that kills it every 24 hours and relaunches, hitting ok to the nag screen?