computer laptop advice

My 15 yr old is turning 16 in 2 weeks . Looking at an new computer for her . Does anyone use this computer or any advice on what laptop
dell
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-inspiron-10/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-10&s=dhs&cs=19&ref=lthp

Toshiba
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9371477&type=product&id=1218093383615

Thank you
Rick

Rick,

That is like comparing Apples to Oranges, one is a Netbook and one a Laptop and for overall computer performance the BestBuy would be much better IMHO but for convenience the Netbook can be handy…

Plus the Laptop would qualify for a Free Windows 7 upgrade when released (based on the information on that page)

Personally if I was buying one for my daughter (which i will be in about 6 months) I would jump all over that BestBuy deal myself…

-Bob

thank you
rick

I agree with Bob.

By the way I have a 14" laptop and a 8.9" Netbook, both were bought with the idea of using as a backup, get me out of the house occasionally purpose, and I use the Netbook now much more then the Laptop, the convenience factor for monitoring purposes and light work is outstanding…

But I would not want either as a Main machine but could see the Laptop you are looking at as a main machine with the addition of a Keyboard and Monitor when sitting at home and portable for those times when mobility is needed…

-Bob

Not relevant to this thread but I’ve just bought a Windows 10 notebook for only

[quote author=administrator link=topic=41657.msg518011#msg518011 date=1486734631]

Would that really run WD? i got an 8" galaxy tab and its pants, not running anything decent on it. its
primarily used as a monitor for my CCTV, opening stuff is slow as hell, it reminds me of the Nokia
Symbian phones, thats how slow it is lol :confused:

I don’t see why not. I can’t try it on mine, as it doesn’t have a serial port for the data in from Davis and I don’t have an adapter. It certainly does not give the impression of being sluggish. OTOH, I have an Android tablet of the same make that is decidedly sluggish.

I was gutted when i got the galaxy tab home, my note 3 pisses on it lol