v1.04 released

Will be available to download on the WD site in the next few hours. Changes are -

Fixed bug causing compass to keep rotating if wind moved anticlockwise and stopped at 0 degrees.
Added 3 new graph options for last hour’s wind, rain and temperature.
Added min/max temperatures for Heat Index and Windchill.
Added option to display compass heading in degrees and letters.
Added display of average and gust wind in figures.
Changed colour of temperature between 10 and 15 degrees.
Added more weather icons.
Increased capacity of rain tanks to 10,000mm.

Two important points to note - you need to update the wdlconfig.xml file as it’s got a new option at the end (you can decide what compass details to display), and you must be running WD 10.10q or later.

Julian

I just had a look at it running on your web site.

One word describes it - superb :smiley:

Yes, the new version looks super! :slight_smile:

Tb 8)

Hi
Just got back from helping shift my mum and dad to their new house…
and have just uploaded the new version, and have it running with my data too :slight_smile:
excellent, works very well, 3 cheers for Julian!!!
:mrgreen: :drinking:

Yes indeed , great job…

ok now have a small request for future release…regarding the hourly
graph from the drop down menu, can the inches be alittle more detailed
than 0-1… maybe 0 .25 .50. 1.00…minor beef…otherwise MINT…

Down the road I would also like to see as long as it doesnt really add to
much more to the movie in the dropdown window if we could have a link
to our own website web cam…which a small pop up like the graph loads
wiith out link to the webcam…

THATS IT!

Thanks again both of you guys!
Sean

Thanks Julian. WD Live v1.04 is great.

Now if you could only keep my weather here unchanged and add a shower each night. :wink:

ok now have a small request for future release...regarding the hourly graph from the drop down menu, can the inches be alittle more detailed than 0-1..... maybe 0 .25 .50. 1.00....minor beef...otherwise MINT....

Down the road I would also like to see as long as it doesnt really add to
much more to the movie in the dropdown window if we could have a link
to our own website web cam…which a small pop up like the graph loads
wiith out link to the webcam…

The graph option may be possible. I’ve emailed the people who wrote the charting component to see if it can be done.

Re the webcam I could do that but I haven’t because I thought it would be much more flexible for people to do that in html. A link could be added below or above WDL with a link or button (to match your website style) which opened a webcam as a pop-up or dhtml layer or anything you wish really. It would also keep the WDL size down.

Julian

houston, we have a problem
The heat index Julian has on the temperature bulb: its actuly the humidex value from the clientraw.txt file data…(instead of the heat index (and I prefer the humidex, it seems more real though (but in any case, you need a humidity reading)), but the daily high heat index, well, that uses the heat index daily high and not the humidex daily high value, which i would have to add to the clientraw.txt file or replace the daily high heat index with the daily high humidex…

I would suggest just replace the daily high heat index with the daily high humidex in the clientraw. Nothing else uses it from the clientraw file.

Julian

ok, easy to do
but,maybe, it needs to be noted that its actualy the humidex used, and not the heat index (which is a measure of how well the body can survive long term at that environment, and is not really a good, what it feels like now, temperature)

OK I’ll change the label.

Julian

I would suggest just replace the daily high heat index with the daily high humidex in the clientraw. Nothing else uses it from the clientraw file.

Julian

The Client Viewer displays a Heat Index value.

yeah, the actual heat index is in the clientraw.txt file
but, me, i like the humidex value better
the heat index is not very good at relatively hi humdity levels and moderate temperatures values, i.e its not much above the temperature, and then at lower humidity values, which seem more comfortable, the heat index is quite high!

I like humidex also.
I just want to be sure that everything that has a reference to heat index has the reference changed to humidex if a change is made.

Who knows, if we are unable to have the USA use the metric system maybe we can get them to use humidex instead of heat index. :slight_smile:

a new 10.10r beta or zip should be availble now that uses the humidex for the daily hi/low values in the clientraw.txt file :slight_smile:

I just downloaded beta ver. 10.10r. On live weather it now gives my high heat index as 7317.7F and a low of 213.8F. The current value is OK.

That’s hot! :smiley: What happens if you switch to celsius and what is the current value?

Julian

If I switch to celcius the current heat index is 9.3C High is 4047.7C and the low is 101C. I see Brian’s live weather shows similar figures.

I think it’s a bug in 10.10r beta - looking at Brian’s clientraw file those are the values coming from WD.

Julian

This version of WD is ok for me.
Weather Display 10.10r
for Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP & NT
Version on 21. April 2004 - 09:16:25 hr