WS2355 and rain data

Hi!

I’m having a problem with exchange of data between WS2355 and WD console.

Console data reads folloging:
WU data to send http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=[deleted]&PASSWORD=[deleted]&dateutc=2009-07-18+10%3A05%3A00&winddir=224&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=86&tempf=62.2&rainin=0.00&baromin=29.757&dewptf=58.0&weather=12:05&clouds=&dailyrainin=0.00&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay%3AWD console 6.5&action=updateraw
Wunderground data send Ok 12:07:57

Looks OK, and everything EXCEPT rain is OK.

But when I look on LCD of WS i read following:

• daily rain - 6.7 mm
  • 1h rain - 1.5 mm

So it seams that data is not transfered between WS and consolewd?

Any ideas?

Anybody?
Seams strange that nobody misses data for rain.
Are there telnet commands that I can try and issue over COM port and see if and what it gets back?
Is there query string or something like that?

Sorry can’t help, but I can say I have the same problem with my WMR-200.

Everything is recored OK, but rain, which is always at 0. Rain is recorded alright on the weather station itself but never makes it the wdconsole.

But you did help me :slight_smile:
At least now I know that I’m not the only one…

So for now we have La Cross WS 2355 and Oregon Scientific WRM-200, both with the same problem - data for rain not transfered between station and WD Console…

Hi,

I have a WMR-100 and FWIW, rain data is logged. I’m running WD Console though. I’m running version 5.97.

Cheers,
-pablo

Pablo,

I’m running 6.05 and no scripts to pull nearby rain data as some :wink:
I guess that this can be some kind of data miss-interpretation between wdconsole and weather station.
Since my rain sensor is about 3 meters high, and far from WS, checking where the problem is - is a bit hard :?

Thanks again!

Hi Abroz,

Originally you mentioned the base station is reporting rain. This tells me that the data is reaching the base station and the problem may lie with WD Console.

If you’d like, I can send you my 5.97 version to see if that fixes the issue. If you’re interested, PM me your e-mail address and I’ll set something up for you to grab the bits.

Take care!
-pablo

Hi Pablo,

Thanks again for the help!
It should be stormy this evening with showers so I hope that I will pickup the rain tonight!
Anyway - will keep you all posted on news.

Not a mm recorded. :roll:
It was and is raining, all WS in vicinity show rain, but mine does not get it to WD console.

Pablo, thanks for the help…

Hi,

Oh well, we tried eh? :frowning:

Cheers,
-pablo

we sure did :smiley:
Thanks for all the help!

If only I knew how to log data from serial (USB) port…

Well, just couldn’t let go of this matter, so I tried installing Open2300 on the same machine.
It seams that the problem is really in the software - when running Open2300 I get following results:
/usr/local/bin/fetch2300
Date 2009-Aug-04
Time 18:09:05
Ti 30.2
Timin 27.5
Timax 36.5
[deleted]
R1h 0.00
R1hmax 10.87
TR1hmax 01:28
DR1hmax 2009-08-04
R24h 31.08