FTP Client Error Message: ECONNABORTED

Additional Information:

I ran into one of the neighborhood kids I mentioned while she was waiting for the school bus. I asked her about the GoDaddy limits. She confirmed the limit of 2 on the cheapest hosting accounts. She thought for a second or two about the “4 places” in the IP address and said: “The guy probably meant the first four octets.” At that point the school bus came, so she had to leave. After some serious thinking, I understood what she said. The GoDaddy support tech had to be talking about octets, so the full IP address assigned by my ISP is what they check. (It is a little scary when kids are your most astute consultants on technical matters. At least she approved of my changing the default color scheme to silver. The black she recommended was a little too much for me. I wonder if I should consider some piercing. :roll:)

Back from the morning walk, I found the following response from GoDaddy (html converted to plain text and confidential info altered):

Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear suffieldwx,

Thank you for contacting Online Support.

There is a limit of 2 FTP connections from the same IP address to the same hosting server. We do not set a limit of how many different hosting servers you can connect to at a single time from the same IP. However, there may be a connection limit set by your ISP. We apologize for any confusion in this matter.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,
Kristopher P.
Online Support Team

Customer Inquiry
Name : suffieldwx
Phone : (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Shopper ID : deleted
ShopperValidated:Yes

I wish to upload to my own AND another GoDaddy shared hosting account simultaneously from a single IP address. I understand I am only allowed 2 ftp connections to my own account. Does this mean I cannot simultaneously open 2 additional connections to the other account? In other words, am I limited to a total of 2 or 4 connections to GoDaddy ftp servers?

I got an answer on the phone but cannot quite believe I understood the answer. Namely, you limit ftp connections to 2 on these type accounts and only check the first FOUR places in the IP address. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.

If you need further assistance with this matter, please reply to this email or contact customer service at (480) 505-8877 and reference [Incident ID: 6513735].

Please let us know how we are doing by completing the survey located here (link deleted).

Thanks,
GoDaddy.com, Inc.

I am confirming with my ISP that they do not place a limit on the number of ftp connections. I know from downloading music that there were no limits previously.