FTP Client Error Message: ECONNABORTED

Sometimes it just does not pay to ask too many questions!

GoDaddy.com, Inc. is the hosting company for the two test sites, Suffield Weather and Ekatahuna Weather. Both are running on relatively inexpensive shared servers as noted. Unless I purchase either a virtual dedicated server or a still more pricey dedicated server for at least one website, GoDaddy’s FTP server cluster looks at the first four places of an IP address to decide if the 2-connections limit has been exceeded. Consider the implications.

I am trying to find out the geographical extent of customers of my ISP that have IP addresses that match in the first four places. I believe it is considerable, and it certainly might include the homes of the neighborhood kids who recommenced GoDaddy and have several rather spiffy websites which are constantly being uploaded to.

I was also told by the support person that GoDaddy.com has never logged a complaint about ECONNABORTED errors. I did not hear any typing going on, but I will trust the person actually searched the logs.

It might be difficult if not impossible to run the two test systems simultaneously and not exceed the 2-connection limit. I will have to think about that.