FTP Client Error Message: ECONNABORTED

The limit is two per IP address. But it may be more complicated since I have two different computers sitting behind a cable modem and a router–one is connected to the router and the other is connected to the router via a bridge. Both of the remote servers are shared servers run by the same hosting company. I am uncertain which part of the complete IP address is being examined. That is about as clear as mud, but maybe you can psych out what I am trying to say. (I have not looked carefully at IP since ARPANET days.) Technically the two computers do indeed have different IP addresses I believe. I also note that one website server is Linux server and the other is Windows. Both appear to use the same type FTP server.

Yes, but insofar as I can tell, that situation generates a different error report in FileZilla. Somewhere in the my sea of test logs, screen captures, etc., I have an example of this type of error. I will try and find it. It’s also easy enough to duplicate a log where both errors occur.

Good points and a good suggestion. I am trying to keep in mind that it is the FTP server being non-compliant, not the client according to the FZ development team. Realize also I am trying to figure out a litany of problems I have been having with two youthful installations of WD. The legitimate concern is that many errors I see and can readily duplicate are peculiar to newbie me and/or the local conditions (according to Niko and windy).

Thanks for the replies. I will do more testing and see if I can find out more from my hosting company’s tech support folks about the connection limits versus IP address. I will also try and see what they have to say about the ECONNABORTED error. (I am not hopeful they will admit to anything.)