Why can't ping a wireless broadband modem?

Guys thanks for the answer. I did two more tests (EDIT: with the ordinary household broadband USB modem that every kid used, not the Raven XT) and noticed two things, please correct me if I am wrong:

1. I used what is whatismyip.com and got back an IP. I pinged the IP from another PC and there is no response. So the model i am thinking is that the IP is actually referring to the public IP of the private network of my modem. But once the ping packet reached the private network public IP, it doesn’t contain further information to be forwarded to the local(smaller/baby/sub :oops: ) IP contained in the private network, that’s why I cannot get a response. Is my concept model correct at this point? Is there some kind of further setting required that specify the local IP forwarding something like this: >ping 119.234.1.24:10.240.151.128

2. The other test I did was use two modems and sim cards from the same network provider, hook them up to two PCs. IPCONFIG one modem and get the local IP address in the private network. Then from another PC (with another sim card from same network provider) ping the IP I got from IPCONFIG. No response. So now I am thinking the modems probably is ping blocked, because both of the modem is already connected to their same private network with their local IP and they should be able to easily find each other sitting on the same highway. :oops: So is my concept correct here?

Advance thanks.