Anyone else having problems with WeatherUnderground reporting wrong loc

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with WeatherUnderground reporting a wrong location for there weather station?
I have contacted them on quite a few occations to report there error abd they do not seam too concerned about it.
They don’t even have my county right. they are using some kind of program to automaticlly generate the city name and it is sooo wrong.
I wonder what other data that they have wrong. Makes you wonder sometimes…

No probs here

Mine looks ok:

[quote]About This PWS:

Lat: N 31

Have you signed into WeatherUnderground and gone to http://www.wunderground.com/wxstation/signup.html … you can then click on your station (edit box) and make corrections to the data there.

Best regards,
Ken

Hi Ken,

well the info displayed on weatherunderground is reporting my station location in Burlingham NY, insted of Pine Bush NY. not only is there no burlingham NY Just a postal code no town. but it is in a different county than I am located in.
numerious emails to weatherunderground have given me bogus replys. The software they are using is flawed and they have not corrected the condition, My station used to be reported as Pine Bush but about 6 months ago was reported as Burlingham, they say that my station is closer to the burlingham post office than to Pine Bush post office.
Make you wonder if they can not correct such a serious flaw in there software, what else on there site is flawed. I have sent one more email this afternoon and if they don’t correct the condition I will start posting messages as to my problem, like I am doing here but on a much larger level…it is very frustrating since my site is called Pine Bush Weather, when you do a search for pine bush weather on google you get pine bush weather provided by monk weather who is closer to pine bush than I am but Pine Bush is not in his web site name…

Pat

Ok, that is strange and it sounds very frustrating … I’ve sent an email to John Celenza at WU … maybe he can get to the bottom of the issue.

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Ken, Your super

Pat

Update on WU…

All is fixed, Got an email today from Matt Killio and he has set things right again…

KUDOS to Matt…

Well they show me rigth on the map as I put the coords there but am listed under Ketchikan because of the zip code. Yet we are our own city incorpated city under Alaskan statutes. USPS has denied us to have a post office here so WU looks at the zip and says your in Ketchikan. Under our zip there are 13 cities, town, villages listed. Go figure

Cool! I’d gotten a note back from John Celenza at WU saying

Hi Ken,

Thanks for letting me know. We’ll get this attended to.

-John

and it appears that he has :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

Hi,
I’m having the same problem. I go into the map, move the dot to my exact location and the wrong town is displayed. When I try to set up my PWS, the ID is for the incorrect town. I’ve tried putting in my zip code, everything I can think of. I’ve emailed customer support and haven’t heard back. I live in Eagle, CO and it comes up as Gypsum, CO. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Thank you!
Deb