/GoWeather.sh: line 27: 1629 Bus error $DIR_PATH/WeatherD

Hello:

New to running Linux (that’s alot of my problem). Setting up a wmr-100 on a mini-itx box using Damn Small Linux (2.4.31). My hope is to have this little box sit here and log/sever data to my MrHouse machine. But, I can’t seem to even get the display software to run:(

Installed to /Weather/ with directorys at /Weather/wdisplay and /Weather/deploy

Anyone care to do some handholding??

Thanks

David

Hi,

I’m new to WD, too, but I think you’re getting the path error because you don’t have your Deploy directory under your /Weather/wdisplay directory. Did you move your Deploy directory after installing?

Hello OBGuy:

Well, I have two ./deploy directories…

/Weather/wdisplay/deploy

and

/Weather/deploy/

The /Weather/wdisplay/deploy/ directory contains libQTCore.so.4 and so forth…

/Weather/deploy/ contains libcom.so and so forth…

all the files in this directory are shown as 0 bytes for some reason.

I’m so confused #-o

Thanks

David

Here is what I did. This assumes you are using X windows with either Gnome or KDE (other window managers will work.) If you are not using X windows then you want to Weather Display For Linux Console.

Download the appropriate tar.gz file. In this case I use WD-Gtk. Make sure you have the most recent LibC and Gtk installed.

Weather Display For Linux
This is donationware (free to use). Requires GTK1 installed and a recent LibC
Version on 3 December 2008 - 00:20:26 32.45 MB

Once downloaded, in the home directory of the user do a tar xzvf WeatherD.tar.gz

This will create the wdisplay directory and the appropriate sub-directories. You should not move files around.

cd wdisplay
./GoWeather.sh

If you want to log the STDOUT you can startup by doing the following:
./GoWeather.sh >WDout.log 2>&1 &

You can then more or tail this file. I use ‘tail -f WDout.log’ so I can monitor the log file.

Once WD is started you need to configure the connection by using the ‘Control Panel’. Also, the wiki has good directions for setup.

Mike - N7DQ

Mike