Iroxdata - TFA Nexus Pro USB

Hi!

Question: is there a chance that the Iroxdata program can be adjusted (or WD for that matter) so that it becomes possible to choose another sensor (out of 4) for the main temperature?
Now WD says: “use channel one for outside temp” when you choose Honeywell TE923/Irox/Nexus and check the “Use direct” option.

I ask this because the TFA Nexus has the well known problem of loosing connection with the temp/hum sensor very often. This is mainly caused by interference on the USB-connection (when you disconnect USB it reconnects immediately).
I found out after a lot of testing that when you put the Nexus on channel 2 (or 3) the connection remains OK. But WD doesn’t accept this as main (outside) temperature.

Any idea if this can be done?
Thanks in advance!

Kees.

ok, added, new .zip update, ready now, to the weather station type setup screen

Thanks Brian! I’m going to test it as soon as I can!

Rgds,
Kees.

To give you an update: temp-sensor of Nexus is now on channel 4 and WD/Iroxdata picks up the data perfectly!

Thanks again Brian for your service :smiley: !

i also though need to set this for missed history data as well…

I’m having a big problem with my TFA Nexus at the moment , even if I switch channels the temperature/hygro sensor just loses connection soon as I plug in the USB in. It’s a real pain in the back side. If anyone can give me any advise I would most appreciate it. Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

I am running the Nexus and have had no problems at all.
Runs ok on my PC and laptop, both running XP sp3. and the latest version of WD
In WD I have it using chan.0 for outside temp and have Use direct ticked.
Sensor and console set to chan. 1
Consol is running on mains adapter power.
Your problem sounds more like USB or OS related.
Just a thought, does it run ok on the TFA software.

Mick

Hi Mick

I’ve tried running TFA Nexus Software and I run into the same problem. I have Win XP SP3 & Vista. I have installed both the updated versions of TFA Nexus software on both OS’s no luck.

Hi Tom,

That tends to rule out the OS and software.

Without the software running, move the sensor close to the console, establish a connection then plug in the USB and see what happens. IIRC I got a popup saying something like new hardware found and installed. Then try firing up the TFA software.
If the sensor drops out, try different USB sockets if you can.

When plugged in it should show up in device manager (XP) under Human Interface Devices as HID complient device and USB human inteface device.

If it works ok you could be on the limit of its range or be suffering from interference.

There is also a setting in control panel - Administrative tools - services - human interface devices access, that must be enabled.
HTH
Mick

Thanks Mick

I’ve just tried it on my laptop plugged in downstairs, you were right were it was at it’s range limit.

Thanks Mick , i can finely download some data from the console now :smiley:

Pleased to be of assistance
Mick