9.99r Problems?

I downloaded 9.99r yesterday and seem to be having some problems. It indicates the minimum temperature for yesterday was 1832 F :slight_smile: and the indoor temperature reading is not updating.

Before I replaced the batteries in the PC Interface unit, it was not updating any of the sensors correctly. The batteries seemed to fix part of the problem, or perhaps it was just coincidental.

LaCrosse 2010 & 2210
Windows XP Home Edition

Hi
i am back
from a break away, which was very nice, at my parents place, 3 hours drive away
kids were able to swim in the pool every day :slight_smile:

now, gary,have you selected the temperature sensor number to use, under the ws2000 data setup and information?
:wink: :roll:

Yes, I did that when I first got the WD software several months ago, and the setup information seems to carry over with your updates.

I think I know what my problem is. I get data dropouts for sometimes long periods of time, especially from the temperature sensor. We are just past the winter solstice here, and even on sunny days the orientation of the sensor’s solar collector to recharge the battery is apparently critical. This is not a problem in the summer.

I may not be fullly charging the battery resulting in a weak transmission signal. With the data dropouts, I think WD may be getting ‘confused’ to an extent.

I’ll try to re-orient the sensor so it gets more sun. Of course, this is a problem with exposure of the temperature sensor so “sun spikes” and false maximum temperatures are avoided.

I’m not so sure now it’s low battery. I just went out and moved the sensor so the solar cell would be more southerly oriented, then came back in and checked WD. Still no change. I should mention that I have both a 2010 and 2210 Lacrosse consoles and both were picking up the temperature sensor signal all the time.

I waited a couple of hours, and WD was still showing the temperature from before moving the sensor. I shut down WD, then restarted expecting to see “flat lining” … but no, all the data were there, plotted normally.

That indicates that the PC Interface was receiving data from the outdoor temperature sensor, but WD wasn’t processing it until after I restarted WD.

I should mention that the outdoor temperature sensor is the only one that was not being processed. The indoor temperature sensor and the anemometer were behaving normally. Not sure about the rain data … there’s not rain right now. :slight_smile:

in the ws2000 data setup and info window, it shows the actual data, i.e the temperature/hum for each sensor , there…
does it look ok?
there?
what about your barometer reading?
is it OK?
i.e not too low?
(like below 850hp ?)
i.e you would need to set a barometer offset if it was

OK, I went to the window you mentioned with the actual data (under View/WS2010-13 Data Logger Setup/Info) and this is the latest that’s on there:

Data length= 41
CRC error check= 0
Block Nr: 174
Block Age: 2
Temp/hum :62.6