Sites for year-to-date rainfall

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie I suppose but I wanted to find out what sites you might recommend for year-to-date rainfall data for the United States. Specifically I would like to be able to look up my home-town in Illinois and see what the “official” reported year to date rainfall is for our area. That way I could see if my weather station is up to date and correct any errors. I’ve done quite a bit of looking on the net and have yet to find a good source. Any help is most certainly appreciated!

Jerry

WeatherUnderground…
http://www.wunderground.com

On each site page there is a link to the Official stats including Year to Date Rain “Yesterday’s Official Weather and Almanac”

-Bob

Here’s a link to monthly precip for NWS Cooperative Observing sites in NE Illinois. Note that rainfall amounts can be quite variable. A good example is last month, I only recorded 2.62 inches and some other sites in ne IL had double and more. You can also check data from Illinois CoCoRaHS observers.

Wow - thank you very much. I’m sorry I haven’t gotten back to this in quite some while but I guess I’m less in the forums when I’m not having problems with my station.

Thank you very much for the tips and for taking the time to reply.

I will check them out! :slight_smile:

JerryR