Forecast download not happening

Not sure exactly when it started, but someplace between 9.99e and 9.99i WD appears to ignore the forecast download times. It’s set to download a forecast hourly, but for the last few days it won’t unless forced. Here’s the log from the last hourly session:

list of files uploaded*

actual messages from upload session*
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Checking for what else to do…
there are 4 more things to do
Wunderground connected status: OK
Wunderground complete
there are 3 more things to do
Aprs data sending now…
APRS Connecting to: 206.97.61.102
Aprs connected
sending pass command
user K0JJV pass 9368 vers wx-display 9.99i 10
Sending the aprs data now
APRS data send:
K0JJV>APRS,TCPIP*:@190300z3852.48N/09918.65W_265/005g009t033r000p000P00
0b10304h68.WD
Disconnecting from the aprs server now
APRS disconnected
there are 2 more things to do
there are 1 more things to do
Next file HTTP metar station download
http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/decoded/KHYS.TXT
Downloading to :C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Webpub\KHYS.met
final download setting=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Webpub\KHYS.met
Doing metar download now
Download complete
Finished downloading metars
Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to do…
Logging onto FTP server…
No FTP server specified
Doing abort procedure/program close…

I don’t know what should be in the “2 more things to do” - but it seems to skip something there.

No big problem - the manual method works fine…

Jim

i have made some changes there
note, i did have a bug with the file to download for the #2 setup
and a #3 setup is now in use
now, the ftp download now occurs as the last thing after everything else is complete

Logging onto FTP server…
No FTP server specified
Doing abort procedure/program close

this part means it is skipping the ftp download
now, do you have wd uploading to a FTP server?
i.e do you have a ftp server setup under the connections setup?
let me know…

I don’t have an FTP server setup. On the ftp setup main page “use weather displays own ftp” is unticked so it will create files locally, and “still use for everything but normal uploads” is selected. FTP host settings are all blank. I’ve seen the las t two lines:

No FTP server specified
Doing abort procedure/program close…

for some time, probably due to something that is not set correctly but it has been downloading the forecast file If it would help I can drop back to version 996h (the last “non-beta” version) and capture the ftp log there. I know it was grabbing the forecasts then.

Again, no rush!! I know you’re busy with other things. I just happened to notice the old forecast when I hit my web page earlier today (running IIS on the system here).

It’s still the best weather program out there, bar none!!

http://jandcbrooks.tzo.com/webpub/newhaysweather.htm

Jim

i know now whats going wrong (its becuase you dont do any ftp uploads to a server), and i need to get around that/stop that
and so i can fix
but time to milk the cows…i will let you know when i have a new verison to try

hi
try a new beta 9.99k full install
should work
thanks

I’ll download and install this evening. Hope those cows didn’t have to wait for their food!!

Have a very Merry Xmas!!

Jim

just a FYI, cows here eat grass from the paddocks,i.e they are outside all year around (we do not get any snow here) and the only food i give to them is some hay in the winter when the grass does not grow very fast

just a explanation :slight_smile: :lol:

re: feeding the cows. I knew that (I think). I’m from a small town in Western Kansas, where the only things that grow are cows and wheat - but I’ve never been a cattleman, dairy farmer, etc. I do get to enjoy the sights/smells on a daily basis though. A pasture about 30 feet from the back door of the place I work (tech support trainer for a major ISP) is populated most of the summer.

At any rate - thanks again for a super program. I did download and install the latest beta, and it’s working as advertised - no problems with any of the downloads or uploads, no lockups… just keeps chugging along.

Jim