All data lost AGAIN!

Once again all my data has just disapeared without warning. I am running version 9.97h. The data was acumalating nicely for days then without warning all the cumulatives were set back to zero. I had not altered the settings for three days. Is the program just not up to it or should I look to something to do with the Vantage Pro? the V pro figures all seem OK. Or is there some obscure setting that I need to look at? This is the third time within a fortnight that this has happened and I am getting rather fed up with it. Having just got my website running I have now taken it off line because the data it displays is irelevant.

Hi ,
I’m running a Vantage Pro 6150 wireless at work . I used 9.97h and had no such problems . I’ve been keeping up with the beta versions and had no such problems as you have.

Are you running any other software that would be causing problems .
How much RAM has your machine got ?
What OS are you running and CPU speed.

Just seems strange that I’ve never had the problem

Thanks for th reply. Machine has 512K of memory. CPU is 2500MHz Athlon. Operting system Windows XP Pro with all updates published to date. The devil is to know if the problem is in the Vantage, logger or the software.

We are running W2000 as an operating system .
128mb ram cpu’s 500 MHZ

my guess it’s a XP issue .

Maybe try another machine .

Hmm… So the program is still running and just not collecting data, or is the program just “shutting itself down”? Is the data is being stored in the data logger when it stops collecting data and are the logfiles ok or are they being “erased”?

I am running xp with Vantage and no such issues here. I am using the beta now, but didn’t have the issue when I was using 9.97h. :? :?

~Chris~

Well this is the problem! I had expected that WD would read the data from the logger and thensave it somewhere. What puzzles me is does the logger get completly cleared when full or does the earliest record get dropped each time a new one is generated? If the logger is cleared why does WD never pick up the cumulatives from the logger after all the data has been lost? It seems to me that there must be some simple logic error somewhere but it is puzzling that it does not affect everyone.

The full logger dumps the oldest and replaces it with the newest. On the WD data logger setup there’s a check box for clearing the data after download. Do you have that checked? Also Brian has some improvements in the history download in the beta.

check list:
if you are wanting wd to collect data from the VP at start up, you need to to have that set, under setup, data logger setup, davis VP setup
now, you may have to tick use revb format.
and do not have ticked, under setup, general and misc, pad out the missing data at start up.
and if you dont need to keep the data for weather link, tick clear records when finished

Once again all my data has just disapeared without warning. I am running version 9.97h. The data was acumalating nicely for days then without warning all the cumulatives were set back to zero

Please explain what you mean here
What do you mean you data just disappeared?
which data in particular?
How do you mean the cumulatives were set back to zero?
whcih accumulatives are you talking about?

other things to check:
under setup, general and misc, share the data files:
make sure that is not tciked
and same for share the log files, make sure that is not ticked

Thanks for all that Brian. The only setting that seemed wrong was the Revb one. The data that disapeared was the raim cumulatives and all the graph data.

Rain and graph:
was that after a program restart?
if that happens, then there most likely will be an error under view, program error log
(double click to make this go away again)
let me know if there is
and if there is, then we can fix, and then it will reload the rain and graph at start up

Thanks for that Brian. The error log was empty. I cannot be certain exactly when the error occurred because it autoloads at startup and I don’t always look at the screen output for a while. I think it would be at restart time. Thanks again.

a couple of Q’s:
was it that the program was not getting the data from the VP at start up via the data extraction, and therefore missing rain during the down time…and is this now working with the rev b format ticked
and
also
i have had reports where it seems to not pick up the rain in the download data all that well, although i thought i had improved that
i dont have a VP, i had one here for a while for testing, etc, but now my dad has it (i like the VP by the way)

I can’t say if the revb change has made any difference. The problem is that this has only happened on a few occasions. Most of the time it is fine. Just occasionally it is as though the Vantage had only just been connected and was starting to accumalate dat from scratch. Hope this helps.