Vanatge Pro and WD daily rainfall not synchronised

I intially thought this was because I had set the reset time to 900 instead of midnight but this is not so. Likewise ignoring the first rain setting. Have I overlooked something else? The Vantage always reads lower than the program.

The only thing I can think is that maybe that you have the rain offset on. Under setup, barrometer offset you may have the rainfall offset (increase %) set. Change to zero to use the console data.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestion. The synching of the rainfall seems all wrong. There are no offsets. I have tried manually entering them and then restarting the program. Yesterdays rain is added to the moths cumulative and the annual figiures. The last hours figure becomes the today amount plus t yesterdays! It seems to me that there is a problem in the software.

the program stores its rain totals separate from the station, but once syncronised they should both increase at the same rate
under seup, barometer offsets and rainfall, you can set the starting/resync the values there…but make sure you are changing the correct values…and click on yes to set for each one you are setting, then yes to save the settings
this works correct

Brian, I don’t know if this has been covered before - haven’t read all the forum-threads yet - but WD still doesn’t carry over the days when restarted . I’m using v 9.97h ( the latest version) and have tried two things :

• tick the "I use the revb datalogger
    "
  • and leaving it unticked

Both options have the same result : when you save and exit WD before midnight and then restart it , it doesn’t "carry over "the day i.e. I’m missing a day in the averages/extremes screen . I’ve checked if it’s still set at 1-minute interval for collection and it is as far as I can tell . I didn’t change that setting anyway so it must be .
BTW cool kid in that pic . :slight_smile:
I mean the one on the left,guys !!!

Same problem here. Leaving the computer on overnight is not an option here. The program really should be able to cope with this.

oops, forgot system specs

Windows 2000 pro SP4
256mb ram
PIV 1.7 Ghz

Davis Vantage pro ( cabled ) datalogger revb
WD 9.97h ( date in about - screen says June , downloaded 2 days ago :slight_smile: )

I am also using Vantage Pro with the 1 min interval, but I have it just using the 19200 band rate setting, and it is working fine for me, starting a few letters back. The couple times I had to do it, it updated the averages/extremes for that day. :?

Chris

if you guys could help me out by posting a snippet of the log file, 122003lg.txt, for that reset time for data from the data logger
that would help me

Problem solved ( sort of ) . I’ve discovered what was causing the missing days : when you install any updates to WD you have to manually set the interval to 1 minute . In my case the inetrval- button for 1 minute WAS checked but apparantly this gets reset to 30 minutes nevertheless , this also seems to happen every time you update WD . So you must goto setup and in the datalogger - setup make sure 1-minute interval is checked and click "set " . Even if it’s already checked you still have to do this !!
Another question now though :slight_smile:

The datalogger-retrieval process is going extremely slow - apparently this also has to do with some setting , but I don’t know which - even for a 1 minute-interval retrieval . Any ideas what could be causing this??

cheers

Rik

Might be a good idea to mention this on main download-site ( about setting the 1-minute interval even though already checked ) .

slow:
its probably then the logging to the file of the data i added for debugging
i dont need to do this, so i will take that out, in the next beta version/update

1 minute button:
so wd is not remebering that setitng, or is it that the data logger is not being kept in 1 minute logging mode?

Brian ,

My guess is that WD doesn

i just checked the code:
after you click on set, you would need to wait a few seconds,for the success message, before clicking on OK

yes, I did that Brian , all seems to be working just fine . But it does seem now that you have to set the 1-minute interval after each update of WD , either because WD doesn’t remeber that setting or because the Davis - logger doesn’t . Might be a good idea to mention this somewhere .

P.S. get rid of those apologies , doesn’t make any sense :slight_smile:

actualy, its the go button, and not a yes button to click on the offsets screen
re the 1 minute setting thing
not sure whats up there…