Thick or Thin

Hi to the WxD community,

I have only just noticed the phenomena but I suppose for some time now my webpage display of Wind Direction always looks very spidery and is difficult sometimes to read.

Today I have noticed that under “Graph Setup / Use thick lines on the graph / Yes or No”, while the choice effects the wind speed graph lines and the temp/humidity etc lines, it has no effect on the Wind Direction line which seems to be locked on “Thin”.

Comment?

Even if the lines were thick for me it would be hard to get an idea of the direction if the wind direction is variable. I like how the Weatherunderground displays the wind direction as a series of dots. For me it’s easier to read.

i guess i missed making the directon thick if thick lines were an option…
should I do that?
dots: its possible to do that…
there is an option to shift the direciton if it goes from top to bottom, under the graph setup…

i guess i missed making the directon thick if thick lines were an option... should I do that? dots: its possible to do that... there is an option to shift the direciton if it goes from top to bottom, under the graph setup...

Thanks Brian - I for one would appreciate “a thick line” for wind direction - some of the rapid fluctuations would be lost perhaps but I could tolerate that.

ok, will do tomorrow…
9.97e will be ready soon, which has a new option:
wind chill plot :slight_smile:

ok, will do tomorrow.. 9.97e will be ready soon, which has a new option: wind chill plot :)

WIND CHILL PLOT! Hey I’ve always wanted that - will it be on the desktop display (which I would prefer) or on the Real Time graph?[/b]

the normal wd graphs :slight_smile:
see mine
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/otherdat.gif

the zip verison is there, but the full verison it looks like it failed to finish the upload overnight, restarting it now

also, i have been testing stability of the latest verison:
been running just dandy on my old win98 133mhz 48mb pc (no web updates), and as another verison on this with local web page updates every 10 minutes

All I could find in the graph options is a shift the direction option. Am I missing the dots option?

there is no dots option, i was just saying it could be possible to do, thats all

Ohhhh I misunderstood. :lol: If you ever have the time that would be a cool option but I know you have a lot on your plate.

i will have a go now

Thanks!

i have it working, and it looks good
download a new 9.97e in about 2 hours from now, or when the file time/date changes on the download page

Will do. Fantastic! :smiley:

The dots are perfect! thanks a million!

the normal wd graphs :) see mine http://www.weather-display.com/windy/otherdat.gif

the zip verison is there, but the full verison it looks like it failed to finish the upload overnight, restarting it now

also, i have been testing stability of the latest verison:
been running just dandy on my old win98 133mhz 48mb pc (no web updates), and as another verison on this with local web page updates every 10 minutes

Hello Brian…
Great those two new features thanks a lot… it works nicely here in Geneva

:wink: :wink:

glad you like them
now, beubeu, i am wanting to fix the time scale problem with the ws2000 data…can i work with you on that (i.e use any daily rain reset as a guide)

:stuck_out_tongue: And I am more than happy with the thicker direction line!

Thanks Brian - quick work - good service - you deserve a medal!

glad you like them now, beubeu, i am wanting to fix the time scale problem with the ws2000 data.....can i work with you on that (i.e use any daily rain reset as a guide)

For sure… I’m ready… and it seems a good week to do, a lot of clouds… and sometimes rains…

I’m ready… lets go

ok
first, as of the latest verison, is the rain reset too far to the left or too far to the right of the time it should be …
thanks