WD 9.97d locks up

WD 9.97d locks up my PC. :frowning: I had to restart in SAFE MODE and rename wdisplay.exe to stop it from launching. I noticed sporadic freezes with 9.97a. Now, with version 9.97d the PC locks up moments after wdisplay launches.

Has anyone else seen this?
Is this perhaps just my config?

This is on PC with Win ME, 1Ghz Athlon, 512M ram, Dallas 1-wire-weather station. All drivers, patches are loaded. Norton rports no viruses on other system diagnostic problems. There is nothing else running at startup time.

Help!

Bob, Ottawa

hi
ok, now, it might be a configuration thing…or maybe something to do with the real time ftp for the real time svg weather data?
i.e do you have that ticked, under setup, webfiles/web page/reat time ftp setup?

I do have a similar report to this, but I have not had it happen myself

does it settle down though after a few minutes?
(i.e once the real time ftp has logged into the ftp server (the logging seems to slow the whole program (i might be better off having it as a separate little program, to upload the clientraw.txt file for the real time viewer…)

I don’t have realtime FTP running. I can’t check the configuration because the app locks up as soon as I start it. I have waited significant time periods and the app simply doesn’t return or respond. Is there a config file I can check/alter?

As well… Norton has been reporting numerous lost cluster files since this started happening. Perhaps this is a clue as well or may have happened when I reset my PC.

ojh, sounds bad…
email me the files:
wdisplay.ini
from c:\windows or c:\winnt
and
wdisplayftp.reg
from the folder databackup
test:
try installing to a new location
and create a file there called 2wd.txt
(i save a file in notepad.exe called 2wd)
then wd will start up like the first time, with no settings…so you can set it up and start recording data again