Good news

I finally fixed the extre temp/hum data being lost on program restart (i.e if you dont have a datalogger) !
(e.g like under the autoscale graphs, the extra temperature/humidity grpah, the data would get lost

this bug has been there always!!!
I have fixed it, horray!!
version 9.96f
(no its not a joke, its a f for fixed it)
LOL
keep an eye out for it

Brian,

you dont`t mean those with a VP and data-logger?

Or should it work with the VP too?

Peter

it should help there too, as with a datalogger, it should fill in the gap…
in theory
anway, i have tested, and its workinig, for me, with my extra sensors, i.,e soil temperature, where before that data was lost…
and , peter, that new vp forecast ticker option in the summary image and icon setup should work now in 9.97

Brian,

yes, the ticker works now!

But with those extra sensor data and solar data it isn`t…

Is there no other VP user with extra temp sensors out there who also has that problem when restarting WD?

Peter

the problem you are seeing at times with that data from the VP download, as we have discussed, and found out, is that the data is not always there in the download data (i.e its a 255 number).
So thats some thing the datalogger does, when the command WD uses is used to get the data history (weather link may use something else)

but at one time you had the program doing just that, downloading fromthe logger and now something has changed.

I tried this on a computer that didn’t ever have WD and same results.

peter is getting data, joe, but sometimes the extra sensor data like the solar and uv etc is not there in the data (its a 255 value), but the current temperature and other data is
sorry joe, you are still a very much minority when it comes to not get any data extraction at all from the vp data logger

it tis a tough title to bare, but someone has to do it. I wonder if it is something in the logger. Do you suppose after a while the logger gets stale or something?

OR it could be Iowa.

it tis a tough title to bare, but someone has to do it. I wonder if it is something in the logger. Do you suppose after a while the logger gets stale or something?

OR it could be Iowa.

what i would do, is power down the VP
remove the data logger
then put it back
then power up the VP again
then reset the time/date on the VP
then only use WD for a while, gathering live data,…for a few hours
then exit WD for say 15 minutes *but first check its set to extra data at start up), then restart wd

reset the dattalogger. Ihave it set to run for the next few hours. I am going to bed. then I will power down wd.

I have it set to load the data on start up and we will see what gives.

i am still not sure I have fixed the loosing the extra sensor data at start up yet…
i will do some more testing yet

Brian,

thanks for still helping!

Peter

sorry peter, i am not refering to your extra data from the VP, i am refering to extra temperature/humidity data from any weather station being lost when the program restarts
the fact the data you need is not always in the data from the VP datalogger with the command I use is not my fault…

no, it isn’t your fault. until I began to use your software, I had no idea how many weather stations equipment existed.

Maybe snow Monday, but the high is 61 F tomorrow and I have to be inside all day :frowning:

its a shame things just dont work always as expected …

everything else works ! :lol:

hi ardvark
can you expand on that a bit?
i.e did any data arrive from the datalogger after you started upwd after a down time?

no, nothing arrived, but the feature to pad out the data is a real nice touch.

I am at a loss.

dont use that feature !
LOL
that maybe well be your problem!
thats not intended for use if you have a data logger…
maybe try not using that