FTPUPD.exe

I keep getting the follwoing error message multiple times a day with FTPUPD.exe.

Instruction @0x00429ef8 referenced memory 0x000f006c memory couldn’t be read. followed by more errors and finally a message that FTPUPD.exe has generated errors and windows is shutting it down.

I have FTP running real time viewer, Wunderground uploads and website uploads. I am pretty sure I have had this same issue with 9.95

I am running WD 9.96a, WIN2000, Vantage Pro

Thanks,
Lou

do you have a dial up modem?
do you have it always disconnecting?
or similar?

Brian,

No dial up, I am on a DSL broadband connection. I forgot to mention that I am also downloading metar data in addition to the other uploads. By the way, I downloaded teh newest verison of 9.96a and I have not had FTPUPD crash once today. Maybe the problem is solved. I will send another message if it happens again but so far so good today.

Thanks,
lou

:? I too am having problems which I narrowed down to ftpupd.exe. The program seems to get hung at “there are 3 more things to do”…from there it fills up or corrupts the memory by looping this statement over and over and locks up weatherdisplay. Windows XP then presents an error box stating “Weather Display has encountered a problem and needs to close”. This problem seems to have started with Ver 9.96 and continued with 9.96a. This scenerio repeats itself every few hours. I rolled back to ver 9.85e and have no problems. I am running:

WS2310
AMD 2200
512 Meg Ram DDR 333
Nforce chipset
Windows XP SP1 and all critical updates
Cable Internet connection

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
snide

hi
interesting…as the ftpupd.exe is a separate program and should not interfere with weatherd.exe (i.e weather display)
does it keep reating there are 3 more things to do?

have you tried 9.96b?

Hi Brian,
Yes, I was watching the log for ftpupd. Sometimes the process will complete normally but, every so often it gets to the statement “3 more things to do” and the log screen fills with this statement over and over until it kills the running processes. Thats when the XP error box comes up.
I haven’t tried 9.96b yet. I dont see it available for download yet.

Thanks,
snide

ah, ok, that loop will bring down the OS then I guess
I am not sure why its doing that, I have never seen that msyelf, although similar loops did occur with the dial up routine, but i fixed those
9.96b is there…not sure why the main page does not reflect that