Go-Daddy and E-rice

I am in the process of getting a new website going. Having taken the advice of forum threads I’m doing this via Go-Daddy and E-Rice. I have registered the domain name with Go-Daddy and have set up a Standard (type 2) account with E-Rice. However, I have now got to the nameservers stumbling block. Whilst I have the 2 NameServer addresses (DNS and NS1) in full from e-rice, I cannot for the life of me spot how to set them up with Go-Daddy on their site for it to all work…This is the quote as requested by e-rice: For your domain to work on our servers, please update DNS list to use our NameServer. This will be done via your Domain Registrar and will normally take 12-24 hrs …Is this a simple process and how may it be done?..HELP :?..

It really is easy using GoDaddy…

http://www.ehow.com/how_2012366_change-servers-godaddy.html

-Bob

Brilliant Bob…I just knew that there would be an easy answer somewhere…thanks :slight_smile: :)…I’ll have a go after tea

You shouldn’t have any problems…

Here is GoDaddys Knowledgebase Article about this as well…
http://help.godaddy.com/article/664?isc=biggame08

-Bob

Unless they changed the screens this thread shows how it should look.

Thanks Bob and Niko…Easily done when you know how…Just have to wait for the propogation now… :slight_smile:

What’s the domain name?

Good deal :slight_smile:

-Bob

Surprise, surprise…NOT…“elginweather.net”…Not very adventurous is it…more space to experiment…I noticed “Looney2ns” was asking questions about .php etc…ie “Which PHP version do I need PHP 4.3 + MySQL 4.0
OR PHP 5.2 + MySQL 5.0”…what would you recommend, as I’ll only be using it for WD Forum downloads for php template work etc?..

I think I would go for PHP 5.2, not much point going for the old version now, unless you have a whole bunch of existing code that might need updating to work with PHP 5. Pretty soon I think they will be moving everyone to new servers with PHP 5 anyway.

OK Niko, I’ll bear that in mind when I get to decision time…sounds like 5.2 it’ll be…

What do you mean decision time? You’ve pointed the domain to e-rice’s nameservers so I assumed you had signed up with them :?

According to the response I received when I signed up with Alan (E-Rice) PHP 5 is what they install standard unless you request otherwise.

A slight misunderstanding me thinks…Of course I’m all signed up and had done it all at the same time…but I have been rather busy this evening with other projects…and haven’t gone all through the “quick Start guide” from E-rice yet…I thought that somewhere there would be a choice but hadn’t got to it, particularly as it had been mentioned by Looney2ns…maybe I missed something in the process somewhere, there has been so much paperwork printouts…I’ll play with it some more tomorrow when everything has propogated…Mind you I don’t want to progress too fast or I’ll screw up the new website with garbage… :wink: :wink: Sloooooooowwwww doooowwwwnn baggins!!!

I suspect it’s setup on one of the new servers and that will be PHP 5 as looney wrote.

Definite success this morning…the propogation worked and I have set up the ftp and can do uploads to the site… :)…I used the Saratoga wx php test and it would seem from that, that I have php version 4.3.11 …

Now to do some head scratching and experimentation with a new look site…I suspect it will be a WIP (work in progress) for a considerable time :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

“WIP it, WIP it good!” :lol: Couldn’t resist…

yup…I fell into that one…Whip it… :lol!: :lol!: