Sun Moon and Clock

I enterd the lat/long and the sun/moon times are about 4 hours off. Any special clock settings nedded to get this a bit more accurate!

they have not been added to the linux version yet (the sun moon times), as it did port from the windows version
its on my list, but has not been a priority

Hey Brian;

Is it your plan to port all of the features to Linux from windoze?

Thx

Jeff

i am still to port the custom screen and mesomap
and the auto scale graphs
hopefully this week

Hi

Has thew sun and moon been fixed in new WD as I get some very strange readings for the moon when I enter my lat/long

Sunrise: 8:01:27
Sunset: 15:52:01
Moonrise: 7:53:58
Moonset: 14:45:27
Hours of Daylight : 07:51

Also the %moonphasename% tag just gives me “new moon” which is not correct. (its is now!)

Edit : Resolved by swopping over %moonrise% and %moonset% as the data is swopped for these two tags.

Thanks
Steve

I think there is still some formatting issues between the liblunar library and WeatherD, or the way WD writes info into the tags. I’m still getting extra data in the clientraw file dealing with the moonage. I’m sure Brian is aware, but its Christmas time…

Yep understand it was just an observation :smiley:

Steve

Yes there are formatting issues, We decided to cut down the output in smaller chunks that would facilitate the integration into the application. I bet Brian having too much work in his hands put it aside for the time being.
The good is that now it seems the world is not upside down for the sun is rising in the morning :slight_smile: and not at dusk :slight_smile:

Yves

I dunno about upside down, but was sure weird having WD trying to tell me it was sunrise at midnight :wink:

For some strange reason between 12:00 and 13:00 i get a nightime icon from the clientraw.txt…
Steve

I just installed v 10.37g; at 2:30 pm, it shows a moon.

Fonts are strange: some too big and some too small (see screenshot).

Lane

captured.jpg

make sure you have set the correct and needed info in the sun moon rise/set
once you do that, and click on update (re open that setup again), the sun rise/set works correct
re the fonts, check for other threads on that
you can change the fonts, in the control panel, colour setup
but since I seem to be the only one not having the problem with the too small a fonts, I will increase the size of those for default
(the max/min temp is a bigger font by default because its an important parameter)

Thanks, Brian. When i tried to do that, I ran into the snag that all of the online services reported my lat/long in decimal:

Long -83.16287
Lat 34.10939

How can I get that into the program?

The attachment shows what I’m getting now that I tweaked the fonts.

Lane

captured.jpg

Long -83.16287 Lat 34.10939

[quote author=daveq link=topic=2940.msg229397#msg229397 date=1199472366]