New Topic!

Figured I’d start a new topic instead of 16 pages of 1 topic… anywho…

Here is what i am comingup with here: I installed the windows version, used that as a client to my linux machine where the weatherstation is hooked up to. That works fine. I had the windows install ftp to a different server i have here… graphs are all pretty and what not, gizmo’s etc.

On the linux version, alot of my .png’s end up with what ever is on the screen at the time sometimes… see: http://weather.galaxywave.net/summaryerror.png

that should be my summary page…

My general question, what will it take to mirror the windows version on linux? This is a wonderful program, with so much potential. I think alot can be done with it. But i am not quite ready to keep my station on it 24 hours a day yet…

This is not a rant, and i understand this is a hobby program etc etc etc

just wondering if i can help in any way or something, or anyone else has any input.

yeah, the problem is the method to capture a window was not ported to linux, and so i found a work around…
but its not perfect
adn i am yet o find a solution

i am going to add back a real time graph, and auto scale graphs, but just have not found the time yet!

What type of program captures the windows?

oh its a routine , in wd…
it basicly brings makes window visible, then uses a destop handle (there seems to be no easy way to get window handles, not like with windows), to be able to save that window, using a QT widget

ok, lol you got me beat on that one! … I’ve got some of the things straightened out, now my summary.png isnt updating on the web page…

Hi all, suggestions on this?

Aparently my WD has stopped working as far as ftp is concerned I am getting this:

The first time, after WD isloaded up it works:

FTPUPD.EXE finished at 03:07:21 PM 09/22/2003
Time taken = 0.00 minutes
Total bytes uploaded = 262356 K

the second time is when i get the error.

ERROR: 101: You cannot change the RemoteHost at this time. A connection is in
progress. at time/date 03:07:21 PM 09/22/2003
Doing abort procedure/program close…

I am not in the middle of changing anything either… just sitting here watching.

It used to work until today i think… ??

post was submitted twice on accident

I get that same error sometimes. I have been just restarting wd.

Chris

hi
yeah, the problem is that if the ftp has not finished, and a new one starts up, that will happen,
i will try and get to be able to run is as a separate program…
anyone know how?
i.e using fork?

ok… I dont see another ftp program actually running though… I’lL look into it more later tonight.

hi
I know this is off topic, but Brian do you think the next update of WD could have rainfall offset working (% increase). Not a problem most of the time, except for days like today when I got .98 in of rain. Thanks

Chris

Hi, i installed my redhat system ith 256M of swap… noticed alot of memory was bieng used, so i added a second drive to my existing linux install… I think WD has a memory leak possibly?? I’ve got 1.11G of swap space(lol) that’s alot… anyone else expierence this?

It looks like that there a few more people trying the linux version of WD it may? be worth while for Brian to work on it (I am sure you have loads of free time :)). I am still interested, but have found that a couple weeks after the installation of the new release, that the windows would be highly varied. The summary.png would be like 3/4 screen, then the next time i select it would be 1/3 screen. Has anyone else seen this or, is this just a problem I am having.

Chris